ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Coming together

tsylvester

This defense played its best game of the season, a complete game. I know, I know, the Bengals line is terrible, but still. Perhaps they are finally putting things together. Shoot, even Peters made tackles, was aggressive in his tackles.

This was something to build on even with yet another injury in the secondary.

If the offense puts together a full game, and the defense does as well, they can beat anyone. This should be fun to watch.

Jamison Hensley •
 — Today at 2:12 PM
Ravens practice report for Wednesday

Seven players not practicing:
WR Rashod Bateman
OT Ronnie Stanley
RB Justice Hill
OLB Justin Houston
CB Marcus Peters*
G Ben Cleveland
DE Calais Campbell*

* -- Usually get rest days on Wednesday

Is Cleveland ever going to be available?:nono:

Jeff Zrebiec • 
 — Today at 2:15 PM
WR Andy Isabella, who the Ravens signed to their practice squad earlier this week, was taking part in his first practice with the team. CB Daryl Worley, who was released Monday, was also back at practice and is back on the practice squad.

amison Hensley on Twitter
“Ravens outside linebackers David Ojabo and Tyus Bowser are practicing for the first time this year. :gorave:

Ojabo, the rookie second-round pick who is on IR, tore his Achilles seven months ago.

Bowser, who is on PUP, tore his Achilles in January.”

I can't say enough how important it was to see Marcus Peters make aggressive tackles, important, drive ending one's.

Between his outburst the game before and now him backing it up on the field, this team is clearly angrier about the way the season has started. They know those were 2 games they should have not just won, but blown their opponents out of the stadium.

Two pass rushers coming back in the next week or two, JPP playing well. Houston will be back as well, a huge rotation of fresh pass rushers means rested, hungry ones in the 4th quarters.

Stanley coming back is equally huge, it opens up so much for the offense.

Gus and JK back, sit back and watch the explosion.

• 4 weeks later...

Well now, here we sit at 6-3, none of us thought possible including me.

Of note, only 3 teams have started the season with double digit leads in each of its first nine games, the Ravens are one of them. The other two started out 9-0 and won the Super Bowl... hmmm

People are healing now. Previously injured players have come back and are working into game shape + building chemistry.

Yes a few bumps on the injury train, but we have a bye after a 10 day lay off, so nothing to worry about there....

Who knows what the future holds, but our next opponent is a lack luster team that can beat you if you don't take them seriously.

With Smith in the fold, hungry for the playoffs, he will keep this team hungry to take the hope away from the next opponent

Fun fact about the #Ravens defense under new DC Mike Macdonald: 3rd for total takeaways (16), 4th in sacks (27) and 6th for lowest 3rd down conversion rate (33.7%). Really solid debut season.

If the season ended today:
Bills with the bye
Dolphins at Ravens
Chargers at Chiefs
Jets at Titans 

After meeting Jackson, Landon put his arms around his father.

"He gave me the biggest hug, and he squeezed me probably about as hard and as long as he squeezed Lamar," Jason Berry said. "But it was a hug that I'll never forget." :wub:

Lamar Jackson brings young Ravens fan to tears (espn.com)

Edited by vmax

1 hour ago, papasmurfbell said:

What about the 4th Q meltdowns?  

Baby steps, as I said, they outscored their opponent in the 4th.

With chemistry built, injured players coming back (Williams) and the addition of Smith, I think it will be a thing of the past. McDonald seems to be really figuring out how best to use these guys and get the most pressure on qbs....

The 2nd half of this season for me will be about which teams get better. Who becomes legit contenders? Health will be a factor. Who are the most balanced teams (offense, defense, ST's) with the deepest rosters? And chemistry and intensity ... that we know what we want, believe in each other and this is our year.

The Ravens are clearly on the upswing at the moment checking all these boxes. However, there are 8 more games to play. They have to earn it and I think they will.

See the source image

No photo description available.

Edited by vmax
  • Upvote 1

Jeff Z lays this on us.....

The Ravens don’t play a team that currently possesses a winning record until that regular-season finale. The Bengals, meanwhile, still have games remaining against Tennessee, Kansas City and Buffalo, while also having to play the Buccaneers and Patriots in back-to-back weeks on the road. The circumstances should allow Baltimore to create some breathing room. The Ravens, however, haven’t made a single thing easy on themselves all year, so why will they start now? It wouldn’t seem right without something on the line for that Week 18 showdown. Ravens second-half predictions: Defense becomes top-5 unit, Roquan Smith gets extension - The Athletic

I know. It's never pretty. It's never easy, but it's "US."

But damn!   OIP.Ln_JcaNDs8wwjVwMjgiaeAHaLO?w=131&h=198&c=7&r=0&o=5&pid=1.7  On paper we shouldn't have to be upping our blood pressure meds. 

It would be nice to be the team who knocks the Bengals out of the playoffs. Maybe Lamar smokes a cigar in their locker room....

You know that I have long been an out spoken opponent of Roman's. But the last few games he has really opened up his play book with some great schemes and timely play calls.

Now the biggest hurdle has been Lamar and his accuracy. Once that comes back to the way he used to throw, high 60's, low 70's, this offense will take off.

• Like 1

I have often called for Roman's head and in fact I still do but he did call one heck of a game last week and he even made adjustments! However, he's going to  have to do this pretty consistently over the rest of the season and playoffs for me to change my overall opinion of the guy.

I'm not trying to completely get Lamar off the hook for his sudden inability to hit downfield wide open targets but maybe, just maybe, it's because the receiver corps has been so banged up there's been very little consistently on who's playing at any given time. He definitely needs Mark Andrews back. We shall see as the season progresses.

Jackson and a stretch of seven straight games against teams with losing records, which is an enviable combination for the Ravens. Jackson is 22-3 (.880) against teams with losing records as the Ravens’ starting quarterback — the best active mark in the NFL since 2018 -- winning 10 of his past 11 vs. teams with records below .500....With easiest remaining schedule, can Lamar Jackson and Ravens win out? - Baltimore Ravens Blog- ESPN

:gorave:

5bbdb05bf3d619773faf7bcb3f89a651.gif&ehk