ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Reading the tea leaves ?

varaven45

Only if we don't pay $45 mil of tag money on Lamar and keep Roquan to around $20. That's 70 million right there. 🤑

Maybe we can sign Lamar to a cap friendly 3 year contract at $20 mil per? That gives him a chance to have one more big contract when he's only 28 years old.

Or maybe Huntley makes Lamar trade bait?

I don't see them losing Smith. He really likes it here and ... "Since Smith joined the middle of the defense, **Baltimore has allowed the second-fewest points in the NFL and the fewest rushing yards" 

You can win a lot of games with that. 

And I want Lamar too if the guaranteed money is reasonable. All you have to do is watch NFL RedZone and see all the teams floundering because of average or below QB play. The Steelers lost Sunday because of it and they could be 10 years trying to find a good one ... I hope. :fishin:

1 hour ago, varaven45 said:

I’m ok with just signing Smith and moving forward with Huntley and Brown as QBs, acquiring or drafting a new QB in 23.  

Gotta look to the future ! 

I agree, fortify the offensive line, get a top receiver talent to go with Bateman. Get depth on defense, let us see what Huntley can do.

If he fails or is just proved to be a solid backup, go into the 2024 draft after a qb to groom with a great offensive line and strong defense.

The direction the Ravens go  in the draft will depend on what happens with Lamar.

My guess for this year is, if the Ravens keep winning, Lamar hurries back, if not, he sits out the rest of the season Luke last year.