Jump to content
ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Reading the tea leaves ?


varaven45
 Share

Recommended Posts

My sense is this Lamar issue will come to a head early in the off-season - before FA and the draft.

If I could be GM for the day, I'm tagging or trading Lamar.  If he goes, we need the next franchise QB.

We've observed Lamar for 5 yrs and believe we've seen his best.   

 

In the meantime, we will need a future QB to lead this team.  I love some of these college QB's that are coming out.

Its probably a crazy thought, but I would love to start over and draft a guy like the TCU QB Max Duggar.

He's an Iowa kid and plays with a lot of energy, passion and has a very good arm.         

There are others - the USC, OSU and Bama QBs.  Guys who are passionate and can lead. 

The longer we stick with Lamar, the longer we delay the inevitable.

I'm ready to switch horses and move on.  I hope the FO is, too.

My humble two cents.... 

  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

His apparent moodiness, his love of being a kid off of the field, illnesses that keep popping up, indecision on the field, even with the zone reads; he keeps when he should give, gives when he should keep. When to scramble when nothing is open, apparent inability to read a defense presnap/post snap...

I don't think his best is behind him, I think he is just stuck between runner and pocket passer. He should get passed that glitch.

But the money, I know, you either have to pay a qb big money or be stuck every 4-5 years looking for a new qb.

Yes, there are potentials in the draft, I am partial to the kid from Kentucky, Levi's. A pro style offense, smart, quick, makes all of the throws and great touch.

Odds, only 2 qbs in the draft will turn out to be a keeper. The rest are either a good back up or car salesmen. History tells us this....

Maybe the 4 missed games will do Lamar good, if he wants to stay here that is, maybe it will help him get over the Hump watching for a bit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, vmax said:

I want to sign him. If not, then franchise him. At least we'll get 2 1st rounders.

The Ravens are a 6-11 team without him at best.

You may be right but I don't want to franchise him unless we deal him because then we can't keep Roquan.

Lets see what the rest of the games look like and then I'll know what I think we should do with Lamar.

One thing I do know now is that Roman must go either now or the end of the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Ravens can sign both. Sign Smith. Make it a small cap hit in 2023.

Lamar will win a SB. Here or elsewhere. The Ravens got lucky drafting a QB twice in 26 years. 

Beware the Klye Bollars of Yesteryear! 

 

Edited by vmax
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/7/2022 at 10:10 AM, varaven45 said:

My sense is this Lamar issue will come to a head early in the off-season - before FA and the draft.

If I could be GM for the day, I'm tagging or trading Lamar.  If he goes, we need the next franchise QB.

We've observed Lamar for 5 yrs and believe we've seen his best.   

 

In the meantime, we will need a future QB to lead this team.  I love some of these college QB's that are coming out.

Its probably a crazy thought, but I would love to start over and draft a guy like the TCU QB Max Duggar.

He's an Iowa kid and plays with a lot of energy, passion and has a very good arm.         

There are others - the USC, OSU and Bama QBs.  Guys who are passionate and can lead. 

The longer we stick with Lamar, the longer we delay the inevitable.

I'm ready to switch horses and move on.  I hope the FO is, too.

My humble two cents.... 

  

Season 1 Duel Of Destiny GIF by Star Wars

 

On 12/7/2022 at 7:34 PM, vmax said:

The Ravens can sign both. Sign Smith. Make it a small cap hit in 2023.

Lamar will win a SB. Here or elsewhere. The Ravens got lucky drafting a QB twice in 26 years. 

Beware the Klye Bollars of Yesteryear! 

 

Lamar never wins a SB unless he is a backup somewhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That is difficult to believe, yet true. The problem comes when pts are counted in, capitalizing on those big plays.

The tell tale is what is the rank for big play touchdowns? For the conversion of those big plays into touchdowns?

My guess is that the Ravens would be near the bottom?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Roquan had, yet another, great game. And he makes everybody better around him. Kudos to Queen too. JK had a super game  coming back after knee surgery and Edwards finished out the game well too. Tyler was in control when he was in there and calm...a shame he got the concussion.

Maybe Lamar learned a bit by watching. But I think I'd take two number ones if they were offered. But, lets play out the rest of the season before we make a final decision.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Something to keep in mind, look what the Jets are going through. How many first round quarterbacks have they drafted over the past 6-7 years?

Yet they are still searching for one, they win despite bad qb play wit a good defense and running game. But they still lose more games than they win.

I wouldn't want to be the Biscuit trying to decide whether to pay Lamar or not...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guess that's why the Biscuit gets the big bucks.  Not trying to get too far ahead of ourselves, but if I'm Biscuit/DeCosta  I would:

Tag and trade Lamar for high draft picks - focus on Roquan as the big off-season signing plus another WR   

Draft or a acquire a franchise QB - there's another Brock Purdy out there (fwiw- TCU's Max Duggan would like sweet in purple).

Replace Roman at OC  

In the interim, plug Snoop and Anthony Brown in for the interim.     

Just my two cents ....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The problem is, in the Ravens history, they have never drafted nor developed a true number one wide out.

Yes, Duggan looks promising, as do 3 or 4 other prospects. Maybe they wait a year for Caleb Williams, the "next Patrick Mahomes".

But history tells us that even Williams may be a bust. Purdy looks good after a game & a half, and don't get me wrong, I enjoyed watching him play in college, big fan of his. But Zappe also looked good for the Pats, for a game or two.

Wilson for the Jets had his moments. Shoot Goeff is looking renewed in Detroit, Smith in Seattle, we've seen all of them before, one game, one year wonders.

Shoot, Fitzpatrick made a long career of having great games, incredible plays, but never in the playoffs...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, tsylvester said:

The problem is, in the Ravens history, they have never drafted nor developed a true number one wide out.

Yes, Duggan looks promising, as do 3 or 4 other prospects. Maybe they wait a year for Caleb Williams, the "next Patrick Mahomes".

But history tells us that even Williams may be a bust. Purdy looks good after a game & a half, and don't get me wrong, I enjoyed watching him play in college, big fan of his. But Zappe also looked good for the Pats, for a game or two.

Wilson for the Jets had his moments. Shoot Goeff is looking renewed in Detroit, Smith in Seattle, we've seen all of them before, one game, one year wonders.

Shoot, Fitzpatrick made a long career of having great games, incredible plays, but never in the playoffs...

Add Lamar to that list then.  Its time to move on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...