ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Da Bengals

tsylvester

17 minutes ago, cravnravn said:

Bungles get 21 points off turnovers, dam tootin I'm looking forward to next week we put out a D lineman and an O lineman, and don't kid yourself T Higgins is seeing double.

Well not sure Burrow over throws a wide open receiver for a touchdown, nor two receivers drop sure tds.

But one things is for sure, the Ravens were hitting harder today than I've seen in a while. Hope they keep it up next week

Sarah Ellison (@sgellison)
You wouldn't know it by the score (27-16), but the Ravens defense has had a solid game today. The offense gifted the Bengals 21 points with three turnovers. Defense forced a punt on a fourth turnover. Encouraging. :gorave:

Jamison Hensley •
 — Today at 4:16 PM
Down by 11 points, Sammy Watkins makes a 47-yard catch to the Bengals 33-yard line, but he has the ball stripped.

It's the Ravens' 4th turnover of the day, which has been the story of this game (in addition to Baltimore resting four starters and not having its top two QBs).

Jeff Zrebiec
 — Today at 4:19 PM
Bengals putting the finishing touches on 27-16 game. Ravens defense played pretty well, but was hung out to dry by an offense that turned the ball over four times, leading to 21 Bengals pts.
These two teams will meet next weekend. Game day and time will be announced later today
[4:23 PM]
Ravens finish the regular season with a 10-7 record. 
Attention turns to whether Lamar Jackson will be able to make it back for playoff opener.

Jamison Hensley •
 — Today at 4:24 PM
The AFC playoff field is now set:

1-Chiefs
2-Bills
3-Bengals
4-Jaguars
5-Chargers
6-Ravens
7-Dolphins
[4:24 PM]
The scaled-down Ravens lose to the Bengals, 27-16.It’s now official: Baltimore makes a quick return trip to Cincinnati next weekend for a wild-card playoff game. Day and time TBA. It will mark the first postseason meeting between these AFC North teams.

My thoughts:

It was a treat to watch Kolar 4 receptions 49 yards for 12 3 ypc and Ojabo w 1 sack 1 hit.

Believe it or not Ravens have more total yards. 386 to 257. The Ravens were the more physical team today. Need to see team injury reports.

Burrow was 25 for 42. 59%. 1 TD 80.9 rating. We can make it worse next week with Ojabo and Calais

Bengals running game 20 carries. 55 yards. 2.8 ypc. They will have to throw next week

I'm glad we play the Bengals next week. It will be different with Lamar, Calais, JK and Gus. 

We have 1 more week of football. Meaningful games in January.  A fans dream! :gorave:

The defense has been almost rock solid with Roquan here but the offense continues to suck. They better find a way to keep him because he's one of those rare guys who elevates the play of other players around him.

Calais will probably hang them up after this year. We need big guys on the D-line to keep Smith free to play his style just like we did with Ray Lewis.

I tell ya, Worley really impressed me with his speed & ball skills. May be his best game to date. With his speed and size, if Queen leaves in the off season, I would love to see Worley take that linebacker spot.

He struggles covering speedy, shifty wide outs, but he has the size, speed and ball skills to cover tight ends, certainly better than our highly touted rookie safety.

His size and speed make him ideal to roam side line to sideline and to get to the qb quickly on blitzes.

Overall, very good pressure on Burrow from the front four, they should have had five maybe siz sacks. They just have to contain and relax when they get to him.

If they can do that, the Ravens have a chance to beat the Bengals next week.