ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Da Bengals

tsylvester

Yes, the time of the game is up in the air, it was going to be set after last night's game, if the Bengals lost, the game would be night time, a battle for the AFC North crown.

But given the tragic circumstances  last night, now that game has to be pushed back, to maybe tomorrow, Wednesday, or maybe even not until next week.

So who knows, right now, what time the battle for the North will be, stay tuned. It is possible the Bengals enter the game on a short week.

Edit to add, the league has said the Bill's vs Bengals game will not be this week, though the time of the Ravens vs Bengals game is still in question

1 hour ago, papasmurfbell said:

I think it will be canceled.

Some in the media are calling for it, why? The game has farmers reaching implications, it is, sad to say sure, bigger than the individual.

I feel for his family, friends, teammates, but the game has to be played even if they move week 18 games back a week.

There have been players carted off on stretchers, in ambulances before (my self included), there will be again. This is not a high-school game, players know the risks, they get paid big bucks for the risks.

I am sorry if I sound crass or heartless, I am neither, but a loss ir win by either team means a lot to the playoff seatings..

Yes there have. Back in the early 70's a player died on the field, Likely because no one knew cpr nor were defibrillators invented yet that could be taken to the field.

I would agree with you had he been shot or stabbed, or even if this happened in an on field fight.

But players have been taken off unconscious, immobile because of spine injuries and yes, death.

You just made my point.  What happened has never happened.  You have never seen it were it is recognizable that hey that guy could die.  Also different from the 70s is the explosion in media and social media.  

Sure guys have left unconscious but they get to the hospital and there are reports that they are progressing.  

Made your point? The player died in front of his teammates and the other team. Who cares about the media, or the fans for that matter.

Are you saying because a million people saw it, that makes it worse?

In this instance he was brought back, still alive leaving the field and currently still alive, though likely on a respirator.

So yes, as I said, it did happen before and likely will again at some point. This was sort of a freak accident, as of now it APPEARS, that the hit to the chest happened inbetween heart beats.

Play the game without fans if the fans were so traumatized from it. As I said, we're this a case of a shooting or stabbing, that is one thing.

Reports that an unconscious player is awake at the hospital makes it easier?

Tell that to the members of the Dolphins who fear Derryl Stingley was paralyzed, then the Reports come in that he is, did that cancel the games? Should it have?

This wasn't even like the kid from Maryland who died on the practice field,Jarred Gaither, that required an investigation.

If they cancel the game and the Ravens beat the Bengals next week, the teams are tied, then what? The Bill's have one less game, should they miss out on being the top seed in the playoffs?

It looks as if the players and coaches told the NFL no last night.  You cant run the game say Thur and then both teams play again Sunday.  

In the game 50 yrs ago did ppl understand how bad the situation was in real time?  Probably not.  Also not nearly as many ppl knew what happened.  

Watch what Swagu has said on ESPN since this morning.  

As for playoff ramifications.  The league will deal with it and a team or two will feel screwed but get over it.

OIP.tsvQVxvFZeziDHxZ4sHxXQHaEH?w=286&h=1   

After what I saw from the Ravens Sunday night, I give them no shot to beat the Bengals.                               

Ravens     Bengals 

Points Per Game                    20.9        24.4
Points Allowed Per Game      18.0        20.4
Total Yards                            345.4      361.1
Yards Passing                        182.3      269.1
Yards Rushing                        163.1        92.1
Yards Allowed                        346.8     342.5
Pass Yards Allowed                52.3      236.1
Rush Yards Allowed                94.4      106.4 
[8:19 AM]
Bengals are on fire having won their last 7 games.

You know they and the fans will be fired up to play for Hamlin and to revenge their early season loss to the Ravens.

I don't see how the Ravens can match their intensity that the Bengals had on their opening drive vs the Bills. Burrow was 4 for 4 for 52 yards and 13.0 ypp, 1 TD and a 158. Mixon had 2 carries for 12 yards.   rating. The Bills have a good D. 

It looks like a slaughter is brewing.

Maybe the Bengals rest a lot of their starters as it looks like they will have the division wrapped up before the game.

ison Hensley • 
Ravens QB Lamar Jackson was not present during media viewing of Wednesday’s practice.

This would mark the 13th straight practice that Jackson has missed.

Ravens QB Lamar Jackson has not practiced or suited up since injuring his knee on Dec. 4.

It’s now Jan. 4 — one full month without Lamar Jackson.

He'll be too rusty for the Bengal game and very possible the playoffs .

Either Jackson was hurt a lot more than first thought or Harbaugh has been playing the 'will he or won't he' game with the media for 4 weeks now or Lamar is running out the clock on his rookie contract.

I don't know which it is but I believe it's time to move on from Lamar, Roman, and, maybe Harbaugh.

Unfortunately, we're going to need a tear down with a number of seasons (hopefully a small number) of training a new QB, getting some decent wide receivers and installing a new system. Or maybe I should say an 'old' system with a pocket quarterback.

I'm tired of the merry-go-round of the last few years. I think we can do better even if it hurts for a little while.

Ravens QB Tyler Huntley was limited throwing the ball during media viewing.

Huntley, seen here speaking with John Harbaugh, has been dealing with a right shoulder issue recently.

Ravens practice report (Wednesday)

Returned
CB Marcus Peters (calf)

Not present
QB Lamar Jackson (knee)
DE Calais Campbell (knee)
OT Ronnie Stanley (back)
RB J.K. Dobbins
G Kevin Zeitler
WR DeSean Jackson
OLB Justin Houston

:nono:

This team is fizzling; reminds me of the end of the Billick era in circa 2006-7.  The message is stale, there's little team character, 

chemistry and or substance.  I think the right package - coach, OC & QB - can  and should improve this teams lot. 

We might slide a year (2 yrs max), but Id rather do that then watch a very slow, painful bleed job. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, varaven45 said:

This team is fizzling; reminds me of the end of the Billick era in circa 2006-7.  The message is stale, there's little team character, 

chemistry and or substance.  I think the right package - coach, OC & QB - can  and should improve this teams lot. 

We might slide a year (2 yrs max), but Id rather do that then watch a very slow, painful bleed job. 

totally agree

1 hour ago, varaven45 said:

It is indeed very reminiscent of the end of the Billick era. Harbs looks burned out and the team isn't responding to his message as much as it used to. And now his credibility with the fans and the media is in question.

Don't get me wrong...Harbaugh has been an outstanding coach for the majority of his tenure and even though he was always weak on x's and o's he was able to get his team psyched to play with intensity. I think that started to decline last season and is going downhill faster now.

Bisciotti has an awful lot to think about.

By the way...the extension of the lease for 15-25 years was a really good thing done by Bisciotti and the MSA. Kudos to them for ensuring our team will be with us for the long, long haul.

8 hours ago, tsylvester said:

Well, no mas, no mas, Bengals win the North. Rest all of the starters, no sense playing this game

Yup, because if we win then we rely on Denver beating the Charger's to move into the 5th seed 😂😂😂😂

Edited by cravnravn
  • Upvote 1

My guess is that both teams will rest key players in order to be 100% for the Wild Card Game. Sucks having to play the Bengals 2 weeks in a row. 

ESPN has the Broncos at 21% to win. The Broncos took it to KC last week only to lose 27-20 so there's a shot they can beat a Chargers team that loves to choke.