ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Steelers/Ravens week again

Preacher

Can't believe we are already in another season. Anyway, just came by to say hi and see what you all thought about your Ravens right about now.

Personally, I hate the first game of the season, because I have absolutely no idea what to expect. I don't know our weaknesses, strengths, etc. Then, to go against the challenging team for the AFCN title (let's face it, there are only two teams that are challenging for the title), just not comfortable.

So, who is new that I should be watching for the Ravens--or who is looking to break out you think?

For the Steelers in this game, keep an eye on the WR Brown. He's had a heck of a camp and preseason. Also, the O-line may just be greatly improved. Legurskey has now taken the RG position, Pouncey is at center again, and Willie Colon's at RT with Heath still at TE. That's a big improvement IMO over what we've put on the field over the last 3-4 years. Pouncey and Legurskey, when they started side by side last year for a few games, seemed to really anchor the middle of the line with Kemoeatu at LG.

I am worried about LT however. I wonder if your DC will overload Jonathon Scott (LT) and try to work him over a bit.

Our defense is our defense. We'll be unbelievable for 55 minutes and then let you all pass all over the place for the last 5 minutes and put up at least a touchdown.

It'll be a fun game.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BallTMore

On offense: The Ravens have a lot of new parts. WRs, TEs and an O-line that did not play one snap together in the preseason. Playing the Steelers defense week 1 is going to be a tough challenge.

On defense: The Ravens will start two physical CBs in Cary Williams (Impressive camp and preseason earned him the starting job) and Jimmy Smith (Showed skills, but will suffer from rookie mistakes early. He should improve from game-to-game). "F**k you, mother F***er!" (Pollard) played like he was trying to plant the receivers into the ground, and Reed will be a ballhawk again.

Younger guys to watch: Tanden Doss showed great hands and could possibly be the 3rd WR. Kruger and Pernell McPhee stood out in the preseason applying pressure. If they can get to the QB the defense will be that much better.

Suggs absolutely owned Jonathan Scott in the past. Let's hope that continues. I think the Ravens will get tons of pressure on Roeth and we will need it. I am very worried about our secondary being able to keep Ward, Wallace, Brown, Cotchery, and Miller in check, even with the pressure I think we'll get.

Pouncey's ankle doesn't look too good...

athletesfoot.jpg

Vmax... Man, I just had lunch and did NOT need to see that pic! :scared:

OutsideR, Yeah, I don't know why we don't move Essex there. I remember him playing that position against you all a couple years ago and he actually looked decent. I'm am not so sure about Scott.

I think Flacco should try throwing it all over on us. Both our CB's are coming off injuries and haven't played a whole lot in preseason. I'd stretch them out and make them run up and down the field all quarter long. I know that's not really Raven's football. But it's definitely situational ball.

Vmax... Man, I just had lunch and did NOT need to see that pic! :scared:

OutsideR, Yeah, I don't know why we don't move Essex there. I remember him playing that position against you all a couple years ago and he actually looked decent. I'm am not so sure about Scott.

I think Flacco should try throwing it all over on us. Both our CB's are coming off injuries and haven't played a whole lot in preseason. I'd stretch them out and make them run up and down the field all quarter long. I know that's not really Raven's football. But it's definitely situational ball.

It's not Ravens football and Cam might do it for the 1st half but if we have a lead going into the half he will revert to Marty ball and let the Steelers back into it. We hardly ever show the killer instinct against teams.

I wonder how much crack will be smoked at the stadium on sunday. Ahhhh crack baltimores nicotine. Pittsburghers drink beer and call it a tailgate if everyone doesnt leave the game with burns on their lips its considered a failed tailgate in baltimore.

FAIL!!! And I'll tell ya why, see the crack heads of Baltimore cant afford tickets to the Ravens games..

nfl_quarterback_roethlisberger.jpg

Edited by cravnravn