ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Lewis to retire.....

cravnravn

if the Ravens win a Super Bowl

Derrick Mason believes the Jets have a better chance to win a Super Bowl this year than the Ravens. If Mason proves wrong and Baltimore does win a title, Ray Lewis says he won’t play another season.

“My son will be a junior this year. I only play this game for another ring,” Lewis told Mike Freeman of CBSSports.com. “If we can win it this year, and I’m being brutally honest with you, if we win it this year, I’m gone to then spend as much time as I can with him. I’m gone to be with my son. And I feel like now we have enough pieces in place to make a good run at the Super Bowl.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/09/ray-lewis-will-retire-if-the-ravens-win-a-super-bowl/

Ray just started talking like that this year. He's getting focused on bowing out. Super Bowl or not, I think this is Rays last season.

Motivation to play the game is everything for him and that is shifting to life after football.

Age, injury...the grind...Father Time gets him this year.

Think about it: 16 years at one of the most ferocious positions in the NFL. Friggn'n miracle to survive that.

585,000 head on collisions.

To bad he is wasting his time.

Not a fair statement whatsoever. You can play statistical games of course. Only one team will win it all. However, the Ravens are as good a bet as anyone.

How many people thought the following:

1. The Ravens would win in 2000. (TN had a kick ass team, and they had our #!)

2. Rams would win it all the season they did. Trent Green was the starting QB! he was replaced by a nobody grocery bagger named Kurt Warner.

3. The Pats would win a SB with a green QB that replaced their Pro Bowler Bledsoe! They beat a phenomenal Rams team looking to repeat!

4. The Saints would win anything............ever.

5. And finnally, who thought the Giants would beat an unbeatable Pats team????

This Ravens team is as prepared as any of those afore mentioned teams.

If Ray Lewis wanted to win a Super Bowl he should have joined the Jets?

right?

I mean Rex Ryan guarantees it!!

Main reason hes not HC here, hes a pompus toe sucking ass. And what have the Jets ever won? the only SB they won was given to them on a fix!!!

Not a fair statement whatsoever. You can play statistical games of course. Only one team will win it all. However, the Ravens are as good a bet as anyone.

How many people thought the following:

1. The Ravens would win in 2000. (TN had a kick ass team, and they had our #!)

2. Rams would win it all the season they did. Trent Green was the starting QB! he was replaced by a nobody grocery bagger named Kurt Warner.

3. The Pats would win a SB with a green QB that replaced their Pro Bowler Bledsoe! They beat a phenomenal Rams team looking to repeat!

4. The Saints would win anything............ever.

5. And finnally, who thought the Giants would beat an unbeatable Pats team????

This Ravens team is as prepared as any of those afore mentioned teams.

I do not see them winning while he is here. I do not see him lasting long enough to gget the team to the right spot.

It's also a cop out statement. I could say that about the Pats or Packers right now and probably be right. If you say your team won't make it, statistically speaking, of course you'll most likely be right. 2 teams make it, only 1 team wins it. It's easy to make that sort of statement.

I'm with you Crav, I think this team has a good a shot as any to get there and win it! I don't see a team in the league that is so much more vastly prepared, talented, or well coached. There may be a couple better teams, but they're not vastly better. They have an edge here and there.......maybe ;).

We are not thin at CB, we are fine there, We had no cap space and signed McKinney & the center from Dallas, we'll be fine..

With the Colts out of the picture and god knows whats going on with the Steelers, this is setting up to be our year..NE dont worry me one bit.

We are not thin at CB, we are fine there, We had no cap space and signed McKinney & the center from Dallas, we'll be fine..

With the Colts out of the picture and god knows whats going on with the Steelers, this is setting up to be our year..NE dont worry me one bit.

I agree with the NE assessment, Brady will not shred this defense for 500 and Joe and Rice will certainly have their way with that defense.

We have 4 healthy CB's one of which is Fox. So I would say CB is pretty thin until Carr and Smith get back.

So we need no nickel. OK. I say you let Harbs know that.

We will make Reed a CB. Are you kidding? More than likely he has tight hips and that is why he was made a WR back when he was younger.

NE did it with Troy Smith, and old WR way past his prime and had great success. The point being, no one should say something is insurmountable. Think outside the box, believe, stay positive and great things happen.

So if it is so easy why isn't it done all the time. You choose 1 single instance that it happened and now you are saying it can be adapted to the Ravens. OK. Why didn't the Saints do that during their SB yr when they brought in Cmac? They could have saved the roster spot and money having say Devery Henderson play CB that yr? Please let me know.