ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Phillips waived

vmax

With cornerbacks Jimmy Smith and Chris Carr both out for tomorrow's game against the Tennessee Titans, the Ravens today made a move to address their secondary depth, waiving linebacker Jason Phillips and signing cornerback Danny Gorrer from their practice squad to the 53-man roster.

Gorrer, who signed with the Ravens as a free agent in 2010, spent the majority of last season on the practice squad. Gorrer, a second-year player who played at Texas A&M, has seen action in three NFL games, all with the St. Louis Rams. He made one career start against the Arizona Cardinals on Dec. 27, 2009.

Smith and Carr's injuries had left the Ravens with just four cornerbacks: starters Lardarius Webb and Cary Williams to go along with Domonique Foxworth and fifth-round pick Chykie Brown. Brown was inactive for the Ravens' 35-7 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers last Sunday.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-gorrer-signed-phillips-cut-20110917,0,2225721.story

Gorrer didn't look too bad in the pre season...but that was against 2's and 3's.

Whatever...it's starting to get thin. It should be solid week 6 comming off the bye but that's 3 big games away.

Hasselbeck, Bradford and Broadway Schmo comming up.

Oh I thought we were fine at CB. That is what I was told.

matheson.jpg "It couldn't have been by a guy who likes to play the horses and troll message boards could it?"

Edited by vmax

At least you dont have william frickin gay as your starter though he did play good last week but every time a ball goes his way i cringe. I font know though he may be better then bmac who flacco picked on all game long. At least we do have ike. He cant catch but he is a shutdown corner only 1pass completed on him so far this year. I love the fact the steelers have a week 11 bye. It looks like you guys are really going to benefit from an earlier one.