ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

On to Bengals

varaven45

That's what I figured. They need to get the run going without going to extremes. Time to run Gus at him and Mitchell around him. Then use play action for medium range passes. Hopefully they can also have a little success going deep a few times.

I still think this is quite possibly the most important game of the season for us and definitely for the Bengals. Counting on our DC to confuse the hell out of Burrows.

If we win, we'll know for sure we have the potential to beat anybody IF WE PLAY SMART!

1 hour ago, papasmurfbell said:

So you cant pull them down or drag them down.  You can only tackle face to face now.

These were not clean tackles these were intentional maneuvers to hurt players. Dirty play.  Head hunter Vs ankle hunting. It was what it was.

Baltimore Ravens Insider

The Sun:

The type of tackle that brought Andrews down could soon be banned by the NFL.

League executive Jeff Miller said at the NFL’s league meetings in October that the hip-drop tackle increases risk of injury by 2,500% of a normal tackle. The hip-drop — the form used by Wilson on Andrews’ injury — is one in which the defender, normally pursuing from behind and at an angle, dives and falls on his hip to bring down the ball carrier. By doing so, the ball carrier is at risk of having his ankle twisted or his knee inverted.

“It is an unforgiving behavior and one that we need to try to define and get out of the game,” Miller said. “To quantify it for you, we see an injury more or less every week in the regular season on the hip-drop.”

Just finished, almost, watching the game. So glad to see that they won.

It was a short week game, so nuts happen.

I agree, the worst, perhaps, officiated game I've seen in a while. The Ravens got lucky on that, without the bad officials the end of the half touchdown to Bateman does not happen.

Sadly, the holding call on OBj wad also bogus, taking a Flowers touchdown off the board.

This is where luck came in again, the tipped pass right to Algholar who caught and ran for 6.

Luck came calling again when a couple of Lamar over throws that should have been picked, were dropped.

I don't understand the first half play calling, all of those shots deep down field that were no where near completed, save one, that was tipped away. Maybe they wanted get him game practice in throwing them?

Second half, redzone, Lamar on a gimpy ankle they call qb runs? They pull Gus out?

Nice that they once again scored a touchdown on their opening drive, real nice. Nice that Obj got over 100, real nice.

Not nice, the defense, missed tackles.

Luck came calling again, Burrow hurt, not sure the Ravens win if Burrow plays the entire game.

Sucks about Andrews, done for the year.

Queen also hurt his anckle, as did Lamar.

Hey, weird things happen on short weeks, in short week games. So glad the Ravens won despite it being a short week

Tsy,  Good post.  Thanks.  Count me among those who aren't a fan of Thursday night football. That and football over the drink.

Anyway, huge gritty win for the good guys.  As discussed, we unleashed the 3 headed monster and wracked up > 160 yards. 

That and Lamars running/passing was the right formula (plus a little luck thrown in). 

Stinks about Andrews - It was a bloodbath out there last night.  Well, it gives Kollar and Likely a chance to step up.

Aside from the bitterseeet win (injuries), I loved how the team responded (after last Sunday's loss).  Big AFCN win ! 

One more thing, I didnt care much for Cincy's garbage TD at the end.  Neither did the D (P Queen press conference).

He said in the presser, they NEED to clean that up - The D didnt like they gave up 20 points last - especially 10 points to a rookie, no name QB.,

He's right, they need to clean up.  Justin Herbert (Chargers) will want to sling it around next Sunday night in LA.       

Tough schedule lies ahead.   

Hopefully Obj is going to be fine. That shoulder injury can be tricky. The defender came from behind and drove him in to the ground.

But 9 days rest then back at it. That bye is going to be needed...

Maybe Andrews can visit with Brock Bowers, UGA tightend, similar injury, was only out for a few games... surely I jest...

16 hours ago, dapetes said:

#55 Logan Wilson took down Lamar dragging the leg and ankle. Dirty hit to my eye. He’s the same dirty hitter on Andrews. The guy is garbage. 

I agree, the proper way to make that tackle is to slide your legs out, away from the defender. Clearly he cant make that tackle properly and should not be allowed to do so in the future

2 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

Can anyone tell me how to tackle a guy from behind while both are running in the same direction?  Other than locking your arms and dropping your weight I see no other way to do it.  

Yes, you tackle his mid section, both arms wrapped around him, then move, naturaly, your legs to the outside of the runner. It is pretty easy if taught and learned properly. Learned it my self in pee wee football..

QB's are dropping like flies and I don't know what more the NFL can do to protect the position although eliminating Thursday night games would be a step in the right direction. I mean, geez...give a guy a chance to recover.

I don't buy that Burrow's injury only happened in the game otherwise why wear an orthopedic sleeve on the short flight to B'more?

I'm no doctor, though I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express, but the hit Clowney put on Burrow did not cause a tear in Burrow's wrist ligament UNLESS,  it was already strained. Which, would explain the wrist splint.

The NFL is investigating, a fine, maybe a pick as well if they "find" something.

Yeah, qbs dropping, but not from illegal hits, not from excessive hits either. It is just one of those years.

10 hours ago, tsylvester said:

Yes, you tackle his mid section, both arms wrapped around him, then move, naturaly, your legs to the outside of the runner. It is pretty easy if taught and learned properly. Learned it my self in pee wee football..

The runner in a natural running lean could easily have the back of his legs or ankle pinned by the hips of the tackler. The issue is the lean and the foot being planted in the turf that creates the problem.  The defender can give themselves up by sliding which would eliminate the injury problem completely.