ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Rams coming to town

tsylvester

20 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

Without a lot of home cooking officiating I think this game is already over.

Home cooking from the officals? They refs were terrible, screwed the Ravens a few times, holding in the Rams secondary not called at all, even though it happened numerous times. Oass interference in the endzone not called. A sack of Lamar where he clearly was not down and threw the ball away.

Palease

I agree, as I have pointed out throughout this thread that every part of the team screwed up, offense, play calling, players with wild snaps, poor passing, dropped passes.

Defense, cant stop the run, cant cover, 3 i think personal fouls..

Special teams, off sides on a punt?

Coaching, challenging a play that cannot be challenged?

In the end, they all came through for the win

31 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

From here on out it is find a way to win each week. No more is it about best defense nor most potent offense, nor by margin of victory: to coin a phrase; just win baby.

Special teams has had its troubles this year, even in this game, but they came through when needed most.

You hit the nail on the head! There's no style points now until the Super Bowl.

Oldno et al, I thought and said this past Friday on this same link- "Could be a zany game - maybe last man (team) standing wins!"   

Not a prophet but had a strong hunch this game would go to the wire.  Rams coming in as a hot team, SB winning QB, excellent WRs, running back.      

The team was as everyone said - unprepared, undisciplined, flat from bye, etc.   When we were penalized for being offside in the 2nd quarter (after having regained the momentum), the game started to slip away....again.

So then it turns into a zany, slugfest - the last man standing scenario.    For every time we could have lost the game, we won a battle or play - just enough to win.   We could have easily lost this game, as easily as we could have won the Colts and Steelers games.  You win some; you lose some.   Good time Charley got the blues :)         

In my opinion, there are flaws in all the playoff teams, including us.  With the exception of the 49ers, I dont see a team that currently doesn't have some major flaws.   

For now, we are in the AFC playoff mix and will go as far as our good fortune takes us.  Stay healthy, execute, pay attention to detail, play with a sense of urgency, we "could" go a long way.  If we dont, we could drop like a rock like we did in Lamar's MVP year (2018).    

I dont have a clue where we will end up, but hope we are the last team standing! :)   

• Upvote 1

All true, Varaven. Other than SFO there are no teams that you can be sure of winning week in and week out and even the 49'ers had a couple of down games several weeks ago. Parity is in full swing this year. Heaven help you if you have a superstar player go down with an injury.

So it's gonna be a bumpy ride for the rest of the season. I expect us to win the division but also lose 2-3 games (SFO, MIA, and maybe Jacksonville). The playoffs will be anybody's to take who can get hot. Maybe us, maybe not. We'll see.

One thing for sure is that it will be interesting!