ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Can you make sense out of this?

vmax

I can't...

cs_287.jpg

....and you had to wonder even more after Flacco's ambivalent response Wednesday to a question about the supposed lack of "urgency" on offense late in the disappointing loss to the Titans.

"I don't know what to really say besides that's what we were doing,'' Flacco said. "I guess that was the plan. It's not really my job to kind of question it and say that and say that we weren't. We needed to go down there [in the fourth quarter] and score a touchdown and we didn't score a touchdown. I did ask about maybe going for it on fourth down there rather than kicking the field goal, but it's what we decided to do."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-schmuck-ravens-0922-20110921,0,6606419.column

After reading this quote I'm thinking something is wrong...

"I don't know if anybody really, really needs to get a win [in Week 3], but [the Rams] are going to be feeling like they do,'' Flacco said. "When a team is feeling like that, and when a team has that pressure to get a win under their belts, they will probably play a little bit more like they don't have anything to lose, and they will probably come after us a little more.

"It is going to be our job to play the exact same way. Just because we have one win … we still have a loss. You don't win football games in this league unless you go out there and play to win. You can't sit back on your heels and just really play not to lose and hope to win football games. You have to play to win football games. If you don't do that, you are not going to win a lot."

Edited by vmax

I can't...

cs_287.jpg

After reading this quote I'm thinking something is wrong...

Dont know if anyone really, really, needs a win ? Really, Joe !? If your attitude reflects this team's sense of urgency this Sunday and entire season, I cant wait to see the results. :beer:

If that is Joe's mindset going into Sunday, my money's on Joe putting up the following numbers:

3-4 sacks

1-2 picks

1-2 fumbles

125-150 yds

50-60 rating

I dont like the team's or Joe's attitude going into this game and expect us to lay another egg, end up 1-2, and declare the team is officially in "desperationm mode" going into Jet game on Oct 2.

This team needs to start playing to win at all cost instead of playing not to lose (like last Sunday). We are going to confirm the character of this team on Sunday. :nono:

Not really the positive outlook I was expecting. I expect more out of Joe. I expect Joe to say, "that one is on me guys, I can find more open receivers and I will". I don't think Joe and Cam see eye to eye at all. From the comments made the past couple of years, I think he's not a fan of the offense. That's frustrating.

However, Joe......we can't cry over spilled milk. We have to play the cards we're dealt.

However, Joe......we can't cry over spilled milk. We have to play the cards we're dealt.

See Joe has another agenda here, CONTRACT

What better way to get a nice shiny new contract than to win the granddaddy of sporting events! If you hold up that Trophy as a young QB in need of contract, you got em by the coconuts! lol

But if Cams limiting his abilities and he gets a smaller contract, that will lead to spoiled coconut milk :)

Joe is a big boy that knows his capabilities. He should also be wise enough to know that this offense and fan base is his. Joe needs to take ownership, cooperate with Cam and tell him, I need this type of play call or that type of play call, audible at the line of scrimmage. No one needs to hold his hand, Joe needs to grab this bull by the horns and hump it into submission!

One inevitable fact remains that neither of the two can escape. Your destinies are intertwined. With success, they both continue to get paid. With failure they will both be blamed. Neither will escape. If they want to be successful, that must work together.

The only other option is to fire Cam, but honestly if that's Joe's agenda I'm disappointed in him. Firing an OC midseason very rarely leads to any productive play, much less playoff productive play.

Joe is acting like a whiny brat, and it could be argued he has been since last season.

I understand that Joe disagrees with Cam's offensive philosophy. This I can understand. I find nothing wrong with that. What I'm disappointed about is that it seems Joe is letting it affect his play. Joe needs to rise up and play in spite of the adversity. Address it in the off season. And if there's nothing that can be done, he's got to play on.

Did Aaron Rodgers get down on himself or his team when they suffered the most injuries (and very significant ones mind you)of any team in the NFL? No, he upped his play and led his team to a Super Bowl victory.

Joe needs to start speaking in positives and lead this team! Go Ravens!

Guest BallTMore

I agree with all those that pointed out that:

-Cam is still limiting the offense.

-It should not matter because Joe needs to man up and take control if it is bothering him so much. It's your team Joe. Don't like the play, CALL your own!

-Joe gets whiny after a loss.

And to add my own. The entire Ravens fan base gets just a whiny after a loss. It's just what we do.

Now let's go eat a god damn snack!

Joe and Cam need to sit alone in a room for 60 minutes and listen to a continuous loop of Herm Edwards saying "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!"

By the 4th quarter last Sunday Cam should have known they were going to lose that game.

He should have took the bull by the horns.

He could see Evans had no impact and was in fact hurting the teams chances in the passing game...so sit Evans and bring in Smith and Doss...and friggn'n throw to them and see what they do.

Worst case they flop and the Ravens lose a game that was lost....but they see what they have and learn something...and the rookies learn with valuable experience.

And Yea...UP THE FRIGGN'N TEMPO!

The games lost anyway.

Shit why not go all the way and let Joe totally run the offense in that 4th quarter...see what he does on his own...because THE GAME WAS LOST ANYWAY!

If they have to lose a game to see what this offense can do, than do it.

Then make the adjustments.

Joe and Cam need to sit alone in a room for 60 minutes and listen to a continuous loop of Herm Edwards saying "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!"

By the 4th quarter last Sunday Cam should have known they were going to lose that game.

He should have took the bull by the horns.

He could see Evans had no impact and was in fact hurting the teams chances in the passing game...so sit Evans and bring in Smith and Doss...and friggn'n throw to them and see what they do.

Worst case they flop and the Ravens lose a game that was lost....but they see what they have and learn something...and the rookies learn with valuable experience.

And Yea...UP THE FRIGGN'N TEMPO!

The games lost anyway.

Shit why not go all the way and let Joe totally run the offense in that 4th quarter...see what he does on his own...because THE GAME WAS LOST ANYWAY!

If they have to lose a game to see what this offense can do, than do it.

Then make the adjustments.

Max,

You are right about going all out but they dont have the rocks to do it ! Not until one (Cam) goes, is it going to change.

With our receiving corps essentially down to Boldin & Rice, look for Joe and Cam to lay another egg Sunday and another powting session to follow. :nono: