ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Undrafted rookies

In agreement so far, minds could change, more will be added I'm sure.

Duke defensive lineman Ja’Mion Franklin [HeavyOnSports]

Lock Haven running back Chris Collier [Lock Haven Football]

Maryland offensive lineman Corey Bullock [AMDG Sports Agency]

North Carolina Central wide receiver DeAngelo Hardy [Exclusive Sports Group]

Alabama offensive lineman Darrian Dalcourt [uStadium]

Maryland safety Beau Brade [Zrebiec]

Kentucky wide receiver Tayvion Robinson [Ryan Fowler, Bleacher Report]

Georgia defensive lineman Tramel Walthour [Zrebiec]

Iowa defensive lineman Joe Evans [Iowa FB]

Ole Miss wide receiver Dayton Wade [Ole Miss FB]

Florida quarterback Emory Jones [Self]

Rutgers wide receiver Isaiah Washington [Self]

[Rutgers FB] Morgan State defensive back Morgan Toles [FCS Football Central]

Oregon State defensive back Ryan Cooper Jr.  [Ryan Harlan]

Mercer wide receiver Ty James [Mercer FB]

Kansas State long snapper Randen Plattner [Draft Diamonds]

Temple linebacker Yvandy Rigby [Hirschhorn]

Oregon State tight end Riley Sharp.

These are probably just camp bodies. Do any of them really have a chance of sticking?

Same question about our 6th-7th round picks.

Overall, and just from what I've read, I'd give our draft a C at best. Your opinions?

It's tough when you're drafting so far down in each round.

Too soon to really grade them, but on the surface, I would say a solid B+, maybe even an A, they landed two players the had rated high on their boards and who also filled a need.

They should be great rotstional players to start, and be solid starters shortly.

If they get the receiver to be a quality 3rd or 4th, as I suspsect, then yeah, A+.

Of the street free agents, again too early, some may change their minds, sign elsewhere.

But the Ravens are excellent at finding a Dimond in the rough or two. Some will fill out special teams, given how many players the Ravens lost to free agency. One maybe two, a runningback & or defensive player is likely to stick.

Someone like Jamion Franklin, dt, 6'-2", 309, could stick as a rotational defensive tackle.

In my opinion, the overall grade depends on Rosenberger. If he can become the starter sooner rather than later at RT, I'll raise my grade.

Yeah, Franklin kind of fell out of the whole draft.

1 hour ago, papasmurfbell said:

Grade was highly thought of.  I’m surprised he didn’t get selected.

I think he just got lost in the shuffle, a few runs of different positions, he was what, thought of as a 5th rounder? Just got lost, Ravens will be happy. At the least, a special teams player, maybe good depth at safety

Don't sleep on Tayvion Robinson, dude can make most any catch. While he won't  run away from a lot of people, he can get open and make the circus catch when needed. Nice pick up

Well we still need a return man, punts and kickoffs, Hardy is an option but either of the receivers could give him a run for his money.

Special teams was a weak spot last year, blocked kicks, big returns.

Sure they got a bit better later in the year, but with all of the loses, these new recruits may make up the team.

8 minutes ago, GrubberRaven said:

How much of special teams was due to a new comer, long snapper?

Great question, I just hope that they get it fixed, we often overlook the long snapper, the speed and accuracy of the ball going back can mean the difference between a successful kick or a blocked one

Back in the day, I was part of an interview with Matt Katula, Ravens long snapper for a few years.

He was considered at the time, the best in accuracy and speed back to the punter/holder coming out of college.

Now me being a former long snapper on special teams, I was pumped to interview him.

I asked what was the hardest part, as being #1, coming into the NFL for him. This interview was during training camp that year.

He said, short version, the types of strengthening to get more speed on his snaps.

Ott clearly has a ways to go if he beats out Moore, should be interesting