ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Masters of the North

vmax

th_strangelove_sm2.jpgWas anybody sweating this game?

I mean...there wasn't much at stake.

Quick Game Thoughts:

Tory Smith's penalty negating Rice's 26 yard run hurt. Torry getting caught by the hair cost us 7. But he was a difference maker.

APTOPIX_Bengals_Ravens_Football_95779_team.jpg

Jimmy Smith isn't NFL ready yet IMO.

Using Ray Rice was the difference...it opened up the passing game. Just stay with that.

Bengals_Ravens_Football_95758_team.jpg

Webb and Williams played well.

Bengals_Ravens_Football_95764_team.jpg

Leach was a punishing beast.

Flacco was hot/cold as usual.

The offense made enough plays to win but they tried just as hard as Dalton did to give this game away.

The fans were outstanding!

Edited by vmax

I sure as hell sweated through that game! Flacco was cold to start out as usual but really pumped up his game with the long balls that were dead on accurate. His INT was a poor play but I've seen even Manning and Brady have a few like that as well. Running game was decent. Rice is not a hammer and can't put yards on the ground to control the clock but he's a great breakaway and cutback runner. Torrey Smith showed me a lot and he also showed me the downside of the dreadlocks look but he's a playmaker and a keeper.

Defense was inadequate until the last stand. Dalton had too much time to throw and his receivers were top notch against our DBs. The Bengals have a great offensive line when it comes to pass protection and Dalton is very talented.

Now we've got to keep this wagon rolling Thanksgiving night. I really don't know which Ravens team will show up for that.

No comments on the defense? I thought they were schizophrenic.

These are quick thoughts Dee...from a troubled mind... :cop:

OK...Pagano dailed up the blitz one too many times. He's working Jimmy "Not Ready Yet" Smith into the D...Dalton gets the ball out so fast that getting sacks and pressures are hard..

The D stopped the running game and Dalton [pictured below] couldn't beat them with his arm.

HowdyDoody.jpg

Hey...I'm having fun...Dalton has my respect...he's good...I just had to adjust the tint on my TV...other than that I have no problem with the guy.

Edited by vmax

I erred. Jimmy Smith had that key interception...he's "Almost NFL Ready"... :gorave:

Tuck it in man...if you watched Ray Rice carry the ball he was craddling it tight...it wasn't going to get stripped.

The D did make some big plays...Dalton throwing 3 INT's is a first I think. That final 4 play stand showed who was boss.

For what its worth -

Big win for AFCN lead !

We seemd to let up after 31-14 and should have kept the foot on the gas. We were damn lucky to have won. If this game is in Cincy and they have Green, we are are sitting in 3rd place at 6-4.

The team (D) showed resiliency at the end but again almost gave it away. Mc Phee was a beast !

Jimmy Smith matured alot today. He's going to be good !

The O line needs to put games away (i.e. 3rd and 1 on our 38 with 5 min to go). Got to finish er off there !

Rice may not ever be the hammer but team needs to figure it out. We wont survive many like this !

Dalton was very good but D was giving up way too many long passes.

Joe was good at times, not so at others. We need to get Evans to contribute .....soon. Torrey Smith needs a haircut. Where were the TEs today ?

San Fran is stealth on D and rugged in the run game. Sound familiar ? We (especially Joe and the O) will have to play flawless to win.

Looks like a Harbaugh snot knocker on Thursday !

:gorave:

[quote name='vmax' timestamp='1321827199' post='33775']

These are quick thoughts Dee...from a troubled mind... :cop:

OK...Pagano dailed up the blitz one too many times. He's working Jimmy "Not Ready Yet" Smith into the D...Dalton gets the ball out so fast that getting sacks and pressures are hard..
The D stopped the running game and Dalton [pictured below] couldn't beat them with his arm.
[img]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w43/EuroTechVW/HowdyDoody.jpg[/img]

Hey...I'm having fun...Dalton has my respect...he's good...I just had to adjust the tint on my TV...other than that I have no problem with the guy.
[/quote]
Dalton/Howdy/Red Rifle/Agent Orange is a kid from TCU and learning under a baptism of fire in the best division in the AFC. Last week we lost to the Steelers by 7. This week we lost to the Ravens by 7. Personally at this point I like him far more than I ever did Palmer. He's keeping us in the games without a running attack. Yes his 3 INT's cost us the game, but your defensive line stepped it up big time in that last series. I really thought we would see some overtime today.

I'm really okay with todays loss. Cincinnati was not embarrassed. They proved they could play with the best even without key players on the field on both sides of the ball.

Our future is so bright, I gotta wear shades. :kool:

It must be the water in Cincinatti...does this sound familiar?

Dude. If you want me to respect anything you post, learn how to spell Cincinnati.

Huge win. I think everyone played well, not flawless but well. Tory Smith was a difference maker as was Rice. Man that hair pull had to hurt! The defense was up and down.

Tough loss for Cinncinatti, I'd be pissed if we lost that way.

The touchdown they took back, I understand that according to the rules they were correct to do so; but to me thats a catch. Same with the Calvin Johnson one from last year. I do not like that rule.