ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Red zone play calling

RavensDomination

Thery had a yard to go. You don't run East/West with as fast as the 49er front 7 is. That's beyond stupid. You pound it straight ahead with your biggest, meanest battering rams.

Even more idiotic is thinking Joe can run 7 yards up the gut on that D. They were closing running lanes in instants during the game....how many 7+ yard runs did the Ravens have all day? So they think Joe and his quick feet will trick them? :cop:

The QB draw was downright embarassing and the pitch outside was ill-advised. They do need a better answer in the red zone. They could have tried Ray Rice at least twice up the middle before they gave up on that.

But, that was about the only thing I found wrong with the play calling in this game.

easy to complain about plays that don't work..... after they don't work. but if any of them work, they are great calls.

In all fairness I did point out that the pitch to Rice probably would have worked if Dickson held his block. I don't think anyone would have had a problem if Cam had ran Leach up the middle and he got stuffed. The QB sneak on a great defense like that is just horrendous any way you look at it.

easy to complain about plays that don't work..... after they don't work. but if any of them work, they are great calls.

I will tell you any day of the week that a QB draw in that situation is dumb. If a team tries it Sun it willbe dumb.

Ultimately they need a down hill runner for the goal line. RR is not the right situation there. He doesn't have the pounds lin the butt that is needed.

they were playing vs a team that in 11 weeks haven't given up a rushing td... they game plan for situations and felt off tackle would work and if Dixon holds his block.. it works. Not one play was called because they thought it wouldn't work. So I won't bitch about the ones that didn't work.

Dickson by anyones admition is not a good blocker so why would you make the success of the play dependant on him?

he is still required to block as a TE... the whole play didn't depend on him.. but him completely missing on the block as if anyone else on that side would've completely miss their blocks.. would've blown up the play.