ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

In Great Company.. and a sub topic

vmax

The NFL's leader in total yards from scrimmage, Rice needs 52 receiving yards to join Marshall Faulk as the only players in NFL history to reach 1,000 yards rushing and 700 yards receiving in multiple seasons.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/38711/final-word-afc-north-38

Marshal Faulk...now we're talking great....and Ray will be with him and maybe pass him next year.

It all about touches and not to defend Cameron, but he wants Rice to touch the ball...he doesn't care how. What we call dump offs, are many times attempts to get Ray the ball with some open field around him...get him 1 on 1.

Then there are the times out of necessity when Joe gets pressured or can't find a receiver downfield....throwing to Ray is a great option.

Ray has excellent hands and focus...that's why he's in the same sentence with Faulk.

Pause a moment to let this sink in...."The NFL's leader in total yards from scrimmage".

He's the best offensive weapon in the NFL other than the quarterbacks.

"If they can you Norv, call me. Steve will open the checkbook."

Ravens_Chargers_Football_98581_team.jpg

I would take Norv Turner as the OC in a heartbeat. Everywhere that guy has gone as an "OC", the offense has been above average. I think however that Flacco would benefit best from an OC that is younger and closer to his age. Just my gut feeling. Not basing it on much, It just seems to me that Flacco would excel more with someone that he can relate to better.

Yeah it doesn't matter now anyway. But what I was saying is when the Ravens get bounced you have the new OC and you fire Cam.

Why would you say such a thing? Sounds like you're rooting against them. They have great shot of going all the way this year. No team in the plaoyoffs are solid both offensively and defensively, so our shortcomings are shared by every other team in the NFL. Yes, even the mighty Packer machine. We're 12-4 with a bye, let's have some confidence and fun!

Didn't you also say that we wouldn't make the playoffs this year? Or if we did we'd be a wildcard at best? Instead we finished 12-4. How many teams that are 12-4 don't have a real shot of going to the Super Bowl? We absolutely have a real shot. Only two teams go, so it's easy to say that we won't, but we have as good a shot this year as we've had in years past. We went 12-4, swept the Steelers, swept our division, won our division, went undeafted at home, and undefeated against playoff teams.

We're good and have as good shot at the Super Bowl as anyone else. In fact, I would argue that the Ravens have the best chance because we're the most balanced team in the NFL. We're not as good as The Patriots, Packers, or Saints on offense, and we're not as good as the Broncos or Steelers on defense, however we play good all around football on both sides of the ball. We could end up winning the game with either offense or defense. The only other team that can boast that is the Steelers, and Big Jen is hurting bad.

No you can look I said they would make the playoffs.

I see a 10-6 record maybe a 9-7. That should get them the wild card. So I do see a playoff berth. Is that positive enough.

I see a wk1 loss. They will lose to the Rams or the Cards. I am seeing a loss against the Jets. I see the Texans as a 50/50 shot. The Squealers 2nd game depends on who is injured. There will be at least 1 loss between the Browns and Bengals. They will lose back to back against the Dolts and Chargers.

The roster I am seeing

WR 83 // L Evans 16 // D Reed 82 // T Smith

WR 81 // A Boldin 11 // T Doss 13 //L Williams

LT // McKinnie 78 // R Harewood

LG 66 // B Grubbs 65 // J Boren

C 77 // M Birk 64// Mattison

RG 73 // M Yanda //LeVior

RT 74 // M Oher 76 // J Reid

TE 84 // E Dickson 88 // D Pitta 80 // D Drew

QB 5 // J Flacco 2 // T Taylor

FB 44 // V Leach 3

RB 27 // R Rice 34 // R Williams 35 // A Allen

DT 92 // H Ngata 96 // L Divens

NT 62 // T Cody 91 // B McKinney

DE 93 // C Redding 97 // A Jones 90 // P McPhee

Rush 55 // T Suggs 99 // P Kruger

Will 53 // J McClain 59 // D Ellerbe 51 // B Ayanbadejo

Mike 52 // R Lewis 58 // J Phillips

Sam 95 // J Johnson 94 // S Kindle

LCB 22 // J Smith 24 // D Foxworth

SS 28 // T Zbikowski 31 // B Pollard

FS 20 // E Reed 43 // H Nakamura

RCB 29 // C Williams25 // C Carr 21 // L Webb

P 4 // S Koch

K 7 // B Cundiff

LS 46 // M Cox

I stated that you said wildcard at best as well as my memory wasn't quite there. It seems that perhaps your assessment of the team and talent was off. As 12 - 4 is dramatically harder to achieve than 10-6. It means beating quality teams and sustaining win streaks.

Getting back to the statement of the Ravens having no chance of getting to and winning the Super Bowl, that couldn't be more off base. The Ravens have as good a shot as anyone. Of course they could be 1 and done. However if you're a fan, cmon man, get on board and wear some freakin purple glasses. Ride the train, this Raven team is good!

Hey the Ravens were damn lucky to catch some teams at the best time imaginable.

So Houston would have gotten out of control with Willaims and Johnson there. They got injured at the best time for a team to face the Texans.

Had Zona kept the ball in Beanie Wells hand in the 2nd half the Ravens would not have crawled back into that game.

In the 2nd Squealers game with everybody that was out and the Ravens won by 3.

The Ravens could only beat Cincy by 7 with their best player hurt.

The hers had a real shot with on 4 days going across the country.

They definitely tried to piss the 2nd Cle game away.

So just say the ravens split those lucky 6 games. That makes it 9-7.

Every year that happens, can't say lucky, just have to say......"I was wrong, this is a better team than I thought". Every year I can count a 3 or 4 wins by any good team that could have gone the other way.

Like Crav says 12-4 no matter how you slice it, and that's considerably better than "most" 9-7 teams.

But the same goes for at least 3 of the losses as well.

Had they completed one or two passes more in Jacksonville they could have won.

Had they fumbled less on special teams in Seattle, they could have won.

Had they been able to defend one or two of the deep balls to Kenny Britt, they could have won.

Had they been able to play competetively vs the Chargers .... ok, in this one they simply got pwned.

So a few plays away from 15 - 1.

But the same goes for at least 3 of the losses as well.

Had they completed one or two passes more in Jacksonville they could have won.

Had they fumbled less on special teams in Seattle, they could have won.

Had they been able to defend one or two of the deep balls to Kenny Britt, they could have won.

Had they been able to play competetively vs the Chargers .... ok, in this one they simply got pwned.

So a few plays away from 15 - 1.

The best point yet I would think. We're a legitimate 12-4 team that went undefeated at home and against playoff teams. That's not done by luck or on accident. Even if something bad happened this weekend, this would still be a very good team capable of going all the way.