ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Can the Ravens Beat The...

deeshopper

Certainly Brady will do some damage but the Pats D has no answer forFlacco, Ray Rice, Pita, Dixon, Boldon and Smith. Evans may show up too.

The Ravens D has to hold them to field goals (they can do that)...get some 3 and outs and the Ravens will win 34-27.

They did not beat a team with a winning record this year....that's serious shit.

The Ravens are 7-0 against teams that made the playoffs this year...that's serious shit.

893711.jpg

Certainly Brady will do some damage but the Pats D has no answer forFlacco, Ray Rice, Pita, Dixon, Boldon and Smith. Evans may show up too.

The Ravens D has to hold them to field goals (they can do that)...get some 3 and outs and the Ravens will win 34-27.

They did not beat a team with a winning record this year....that's serious shit.

The Ravens are 7-0 against teams that made the playoffs this year...that's serious shit.

893711.jpg

Wow, Max I didn't know that! I'll have to reevaluate my feelings about this game after seeing that. Maybe our D can keep them under 20 points and our offense score more than 20 to win it...maybe.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/givetake/league/afc

RK TEAM INT FUM TOTAL INT FUM TOTAL DIFF 1 New England 23 11 34 12 5 17 17 2 Houston 17 10 27 9 11 20 7 3 Jacksonville 17 11 28 15 8 23 5 4 Baltimore 15 11 26 12 12 24

Wow look at that. The Pats are #1 at takeaways in the AFC. Hmmm lets see where are the Ravens. I looking really hard.

Go back to 2000 the Ravens were officially ranked #2 in D. That was ridiculous. They gave up the least points that yr by far. I couldn't give a rats ass how many yds you give away. It is about the points. Also TO's are a big way to take points off the other team and add them to your side. Can we look at the Texans last week who out played the Ravens in every phase of the game except TO's.

Just an idea. Maybe actually look a little deeper into how the game works before showing your ignorance of the game.

The powder of positive thinking.

I was wondering if we should have Smith follow Gronkowski and Webb stick with Welker. Use a LB/Safety on Hernandez and Cary on Branch. I think Carr did a good job on Welker last time so they may look to him again.

You know, honestly I was thinking possibly Webb on Welker too. He's a 1st down machine. My thinking about putting Webb on Branch was to eliminate the big play. If the Pats are going to score, it's going to take them forever to do it. I do see how putting Webb on Welker would help take Brady's safety blanket away.

I'm not looking this up because I'm lazy, but I think I'm in the ballpark.

The Ravens have played 8-10 of the top ten defenses in the NFL this season.

The Patriots have beat one team with a winning record (Broncos). The Ravens were 6-0 against playoff teams this season the Pat were 0-2. The only tough teams they played were the Steelers and Giants (Lost)

Yes, we can beat the Pats, the media doesn't think so, but they also think Joe was bailed out all day by "miraculous catches" (confirms my theory they only watch highlights - which is sad since there were only 4 games on this week) I guess they didn't see the 4 early drops that completely killed momentum.

Another quick point: Fuck Tom Brady.

Wow, just looked at their schedule, every win came against an 8-8 team or worse. Not one win against a winning team! Wow.

I'm not impressed with the Pats takeaways. I feel it's a result of poor teams having to try and play catch up and doing what they're not comfortable with. The Ravens will be a very different matchup for them.

Dear papa, you're an asshat anytime someone disagrees w you.

We're not talking first in d vs second in d. We're talking 31st. We're talking a team that, as otr pointed out, went down by a combined 38 points in the last two games before deciding to play. All part of a decent defensive scheme and execution?

I agree they have been solid in turnovers and points. Its certainly worth something. But you've yet to counter the fact that they haven't actually beaten a half decent team yet this year. Not one.

Maybe actually acknowledge another view, especially a valid one, without being a dick and you wont show your asshat-ness so easily.

Who came at you? Who even came at you hard?

The hardest show taken at you prior to me calling you an asshat was when OTR said you were "laying it on a little thick." Man, that OTR is one mean mutha... shut yo mouth ... using language like that around here. I mean really, the nerve to say you were, of all things, "laying it on a LITTLE thick?"

Let's put it this way... I'll concede the Pats D put up more of a fight than I thought they had in them. Though, I'd argue that by the middle of the second quarter our offense was really starting to find a groove against them - even without Rice having a day. And you admit that, in contrast to your post prior, the Ravens didn't struggle on the likes of Gronk, Hernandez and Edelman as much as you expected. In fact, the Pats passing attack was largely contained - it was their running attack (because of our all out pass protection) that tangled us a few times. It probably was the best O and OL and QB we'd seen all year... and our D did it's job beautifully.

Ok Papa you're laying it on a little thick. The Pats D is coming around? Why? Because they shut down Tim Tebow? The two games before that the Pats were down 21-0 and 17-0 before they even finished annoucing the starting lineups.

That was condicending. Only made a statement and I was treated like I am a follish ass.