ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Flacco "ripped off"

cmacarolle21

If I went around complaining about Carson and his poor stats this year and how they invalidate his successes, would I be in the right?

Do what you want.

I tolerated Flacco not losing games but, he never won the game for us. He lost 2 out of the 3 Steelers games that we played including one of the biggest games in franchise history. Of course he's going to hear it he deserves it.

:rolleyes:

Everyone can have their frustrations, founded or not, I suppose.

I can't wait to see the backlash on Matthew Stafford and Mark Sanchez when their teams finish 3-13 next season.

Apparently rookie quarterbacks are expected to win Super Bowls now. And if they fall one game short of the big one, their fans consider the season a disappointment.

yeah I am not getting this. I think everyone expected Flacco to be a 2 or 3 year project. Instead he stepped in and did WIN a game or two for us. How about that comeback in Cleveland? Also you got to think about the style of football Baltimore has played and will continue to play until our defense sucks; that style is run the ball, manage the game and don't make mistakes. Flacco did that and then some. Pittsburgh has an A+ defense. I am surprised he scored the points he did!

Ryan was drafted with the intention of starting day one. Different expectations so you can't compare the two. I look forward to years to come. Flacco and Ryan will be the next Brady and Manning. Hopefully Flacco is Brady and Ryan is Manning...I want more Super Bowl rings than MVP awards!!!!!

I just think everyone is looking at how many wins we had and giving all too much credit to Flacco. We won 13 with Boller why wouldn't we be able to win 11 with an average QB with virtually the same team.

Whoa, back up... we never, ever won 13 with Boller. He barely has 13 wins in his entire career...

Right, McNair won those 13... almost all of them, I think he was out for a few games.

Between our 12 win Super Bowl season and our 13 win 2006, I don't think we ever topped 10 wins, either.

No, McNair started all 16 games in 2006. Boller spelled him in the 4th quarter of two of them, though.

For what it's worth, Boller was 5-4 in his rookie season. Flacco was 6-3, with a markedly better team.

Right, McNair won those 13... almost all of them, I think he was out for a few games.

Between our 12 win Super Bowl season and our 13 win 2006, I don't think we ever topped 10 wins, either.

McNair started all 16 (plus a playoff game) that season... you may remember that he got injured in a few games and didn't finish, like against Carolina (which we lost...that's the one where Boller had two TD passes that were deflected into the air, then caught by Mark Clayton)

You're right to say that we never won more than 10 between 2000 and 2006...

2001: 10

2002: 7

2003: 10

2004: 9

2005: 6