ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

11am Press Conference Today

cravnravn

I would agree more with a strong QB coach. Caldwell is not that guy.

He's been endorsed by Dungy, worked with Manning, and has the trust of Harbaugh. Im willing to say the jury is still out on that one. Not being successful as a head voach does not mean he'll be useless as a QB coach. As far as personality, what does that have to do with anything? Belichek has a mash potato sandwich personality and it hasnt hindered him any.

So he made Peyton better in 1999 and 2000? I thought he came with Dungy in 2002. I don't really care what Dungy says. I have little respect for him.

You're just being an asshole now. Dungy did nothing but win and gain the respect of everyone he worked with.

I never said he made Manning better, I imagine Manning made Caldwell better.

So glad you're not running anything, your lack of respect for anyone would bury a team faster than Al Davis could.

Agree on the "IT", however everyone benefits from having someone to assist with breaking down film etc. Think Caldwell learned a little something from Manning that he could pass to Joe? My bet is that I'm not that far off there. You kind of gain instant credibility when you can look at a QB and say Peyton Manning used to do this.

Agree on the "IT", however everyone benefits from having someone to assist with breaking down film etc. Think Caldwell learned a little something from Manning that he could pass to Joe? My bet is that I'm not that far off there. You kind of gain instant credibility when you can look at a QB and say Peyton Manning used to do this.

Plus, Peyton manning loves Caldwell. Talk about an endorsement... If Peyton wanted to keep working with him, you know he must have been helping Manning grow. manning wouldn't surround himself with people who didn't help him improve his game - the guy is a perfectionist and successful people surround themselves with successful people.

So if Manning can make others better with osmosis why is Painter not good?

Osmosis? Did you eat paint chips as a child? I believe the reference was Caldwell has credibility because he can state with personal knowledge that Peyton used X Y AND Z to be successful. Peyton often did this in this situation, or audibled to this to beat this blitz or take advantage of that weakness. It's a simple statement that is hard to argue against. Caldwell has had success as a QB coach and now he has some credibility having interacted with a great QB.

It's easy, let me help you, "fair enough, I didnt consider that angle. Maybe there is some due diligence in the hiring of Caldwell. I would have chosen someone else but let's see how this shakes out. After all, I thought this team needed to rebuild, not realizing we have already done so, and with great success."

I'm warming up to the Caldwell hire. I'm sure there is a ton he can teach Joe after the years he's spent with Manning...film study, reading defenses, mechanics, hot reads, audibles...

He can be a good resource for Cam as far as adding some new twists to this offense like some new routes.

funny-friendship-sayings-and-quotes-for-a-friend-21412885.jpg

I'm warming up to the Caldwell hire. I'm sure there is a ton he can teach Joe after the years he's spent with Manning...film study, reading defenses, mechanics, hot reads, audibles... He can be a good resource for Cam as far as adding some new twists to this offense like some new routes. funny-friendship-sayings-and-quotes-for-a-friend-21412885.jpg

This is what I'm getting at, I think you worded it much better than I have. The guy may not be a genius, he may not be Holmgren, or Reid, or Martz, but he can surely bring a little something to add to the mix here. It would appear after our results last year, we need only a small little something to get us over the hump.

They are the last two you show them the money to, let them dangle out there, teams aren't going to give a first rd pick for them, the main man here is Grubbs, you cant let him see March 1st unsigned, Rex Ryan will be camped out at his door if we do.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-0202-20120201,0,2370677.story

•While much of the contract talk centered on Flacco, Rice and Grubbs, Newsome didn't rule out engaging in extension negotiations with cornerback Lardarius Webb, a restricted free agent this offseason.

Ozzie disagrees

Asked specifically whether the Ravens could re-sign Grubbs and Rice and also extend Flacco's contract this offseason, Newsome said, "Who would we let go in order to keep those three guys? Because if we decide to let four or five players go, waive them, terminate them, then we could keep those three very easy. But the key is balancing, keeping the good players that we've got and trying to re-sign those guys. It's easy to do if I was to sit here and [say], 'I'm going to cut this guy, cut this guy and cut this guy.' Then I could sign all three of those guys in two days."

Bisciotti interjected that another way to ensure that Flacco, Rice and Grubbs will all return is to "restructure the hell out of contracts … but we'll end up paying for it three years from now. Our window will close and we'll be letting a bunch of guys go like we did in 2001, and we did that to try to repeat and win the Super Bowl."

Steve and Ozzie are stating what I have thought. What do you have to let go to keep Grubbs. I think this is laying the ground work for a softer PR hit when he leaves.