ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

11am Press Conference Today

cravnravn

So looking a yr from now and Joes contract ends what does he get? So he has another good season but not great. That would mean they don't tag him. I think the average top 5 would be in the $18 mil area. So they let him hit the market to set the price. If some team comes swooping in to offer $14 mil do the Ravens follow or let him walk?

It can take a very long time just to find an above average QB. Joe is above average. He's not great or elite, but he's above average. I think the answer depends on how our draft shakes out, how the likes of Tyrod Taylor shakes out and how the upcoming draft will be expected to shake out. If there is no viable option besides rebuilding I would probably say sign him.

The question is how much is he worth to the Ravens and how much to another team?

There's about 15 quarterback starved teams where he would be worth a ton of $$$$. It would be a bidding war if he hits the market.

Actually the 2 guys I would show money to this off season are Cary Williams and Webb. Lock them down to long term deals a yr early for what should be favorable terms.

They are the last two you show them the money to, let them dangle out there, teams aren't going to give a first rd pick for them, the main man here is Grubbs, you cant let him see March 1st unsigned, Rex Ryan will be camped out at his door if we do.

Webb after next yr could be pulling down $10+ mil a yr. Say you lock him down now for 5 yrs at $8 mil. That allows for you to have more space going forward. Williams could be inked for maybe $5.5 going forward.

Also I do not see them bringing back Grubbs. The word is he wants $50 mil. You have Yanda for $32 mil.

I have heard a suggestion on the radio about moving Oher to OG. That may not be a bad idea.

I get where your going Papa, but our window of opportunity is half closed and closing, Got to keep that O-Line together, this upcoming season if we still have Ed & Ray, we are going to rely moreso on the O to bail out the D than the D bailing us out.

Cutting ties with Flacco seems ludicrous. Not that crazier things havent happened, however it would be in the best interest of the Ravens to over pay a LITTLE if they have to. Flacco has shown he can lead and do what it takes. I have a feeling with a QB coach we're gonna see even more out of him.