ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

How Ravens Can Nab Wallace From Pit.

cravnravn

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lord no he is restructuring his deal and there is a quite rumor it could come in the form of an extension. From everything im reading wallace wont ever see the market. I go both ways on this becuase even if we lose him we are fine at wr and could use the extra pick. I would love for us ro franchise him then somebody go after him becuse under the new rules that is a first and third.

I think he has a good five years left in him especially if they continue to fix the line and ben buys into haleys system amd gets rid of the ball quicker.

They tried that with him 3 years ago, it didn't work. Maybe now he'll be more inclined to work on it after being beaten up the past 2 years. We'll see.

Well crave your dream of having wallace looks like its about to nfl. On nfl32 mortenson interviewed colbert and colbert said with a big smile that with bens restructuring they now have what they need to bring back wallace. So him and wallaces agent must have had a number that he would take to be a steeler. So it looks like the young money crew is staying together

Ben restructures you are 4 mil under..Last time I checked we were 8 mil under, and havent cut Foxworth yet..And also, we have a FO too, we can restructure contracts better than anybody in the business.

But you do have the carrot, if Wallace is tendered a first, Ozzie aint coming off that pick

Edited by cravnravn

Update big ben restructures saving us 8 mil and putting us four mil UNDER the cap. Throw in the rest in line to do the same and the cuts coming the steelers are fine. Also i guess ben isnt as pissed at the steelers as everybody thought.

Where are your sources on the $4 million? I've seen nothing reported and the only estimate is from Ed Bouchette of the PPG saying that they should be almost right at the cap after today.

http://m.triblive.com/triblive/pm_18301/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=FNG1az7g it really depends on the new cap we are either at it or up to 8 mil under. In the article it3 says the steelers were 22-30 mil over and have saved 30 mil so far. We are at last years cap theres not going to be a huge increase in the cap butthere should be some added to it. Colbert also said the steelers knew they were going to be over and were right where they figured they would be. Yinz act like our front office doesnt know what they are doing. Also harrisons restructuring should be announced in the next few days. The steelers have a lot of needed cuts to make also but colbert isnt doing that until the new cap is set. Aaron smith is do 4 mil kemo is due 4 also hampton will probably received a pay cut as well since he is due 8 mil. Throw in the 4 mil from either farrior or foote plus there will be others. The steelers arent in bad shape at all.

McNair was tough as nails too. Ben has also never been a hard worker as evidences by his double chin. The similarities between Ben and McNair are uncanny. They're both insanely tough, they both play through anything, they both extend plays waaaaaaay too long, and soon they both will have their careers cut short a few years before it was supposed to. Ben in all likely hood will not play effective football past 33. That gives him at max 4 yrs of productive football. However I see only 2 yrs of productive football and 3 yrs trying to hang around too long........ala McNair.

We'll see, everyone is different. Perhaps he'll just keep going and going like the Favre.

The CAP has caught up to the Steelers. They may tred water for another year but al this restructuring and age will crash in on them.

It's caving in now and it started last season.

Looks like the Bengals will jump over the Steelers this year as the Ravens biggest threat

Hes been to three super bowls now at the time of the deal i believe he had been to two. So if joe had been to two super bowls by this point in his career you dont think he would be asking for a 100 mil also. This doesnt change his deal much since he is still getting the same amount and i believe they are trying to push as much onto his final year as possible so they can extend him and it will be null and void at that point. Either way i think he is worth every penny of that money. No other qb could play behind the steelers oline week in and out. Im sure the steelers have a plan already in place. Colbert and kahn are no dummies.