ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens-28th easiest schedule for 09

cravnravn

Congratulations, Miami Dolphins. You went from a 1-15 joke to inspirational AFC East champs and a trip to the playoffs.

Your reward? The NFL's most thankless schedule.

All four AFC East are in the same situation because they will play the AFC South and NFC South, divisions that produced four playoff teams. Nobody in the NFC South had a losing record.

The AFC East has four of the league's seven harshest schedules. Sending two teams to the playoffs will be extremely difficult in 2009. It's not unfathomable to imagine a 10-6 or 9-7 record taking the division.

The New England Patriots have the third-toughest schedule. Their opponents went 151-105 for a .580 winning percentage. The Buffalo Bills have the sixth-toughest (146-110, .570). The New York Jets are just a skosh behind the Bills because of a tie (145-110-1, .568).

But the Dolphins face the most rugged road, albeit barely.

more

This came out awhile ago ... but just thought I'd post it in case anyone didn't see it yet.

The opponents for all 2009 regular-season games have been determined and a complete list of each team's home and away matchups was issued today by the NFL.

The scheduling formula implemented in 2002 with realignment guarantees that all teams play each other on a regular, rotating basis.

Under the formula, every team within a division plays 16 games as follows:

· Home and away against its three division opponents (6 games).

· The four teams from another division within its conference on a rotating three-year cycle (4 games).

· The four teams from a division in the other conference on a rotating four-year cycle (4 games).

· Two intraconference games based on the prior year's standings (2 games). These games match a first-place team against the first-place teams in the two same-conference divisions the team is not scheduled to play that season. The second-place, third-place, and fourth-place teams in a conference are matched in the same way each year.

The official 2009 schedule, with playing dates and times, will be announced in the spring.

Baltimore

Home: Cincinnati, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Denver, Kansas City, Indianapolis, Chicago, Detroit

Away: Cincinnati, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Oakland, San Diego, New England, Green Bay, Minnesota

LOL ... Detroit ... I've got a feeling I'll be trying to give those tickets away!!!

As of right now, I like our schedule a lot. I feel we much up excellently against the NFC North. That is a division that is supposed to be about tough defense and running the football. However those teams are no match for us in the toughness category. We should be able to bully those teams. The AFC West teams are pretty one dimensional, poor defense with a hit or miss offensive attack. Denver, KC, and Oakland should not be a problem with our defense and physical run game.

The Indy game is going to be rough, even at home. Going to New England is always difficult, although I do think we can give them a run for their money. San Diego is a toss up, they either play like world champs or bottom feeders. And of course, the two Pittsburgh games at this point have to be seen loses. They were clearly better than us this season. Lets see if we can play some catchup this offseason. A split with Pittsburgh would be a nice start.

How we do this season will depend on Joe Flacco and if he can take that next step. I am fully confident that Ozzie will retain the players that need to be retained, while at the same time acquiring talent to make this team better. I do not see any reason why this team can not be as competitive as last season.

Denver, KC, and Oakland should not be a problem with our defense and physical run game.

Neither should Detroit or Green Bay..Palmer is going to be up in the air, I find it hard to believe that 4 months ago he needed Tommy John surgery, now somehow hes miraculously healed. Not buying it, so theres 2 more in the W column. Cleveland is Cleveland, 2 more there. If the Colts lose Harrison, then all of a sudden they have become smaller at the WR spot with Gonzo & Wayne..This could definately be a 13-3, 14-2 season for us.

Denver, KC, and Oakland should not be a problem with our defense and physical run game.

Neither should Detroit or Green Bay..Palmer is going to be up in the air, I find it hard to believe that 4 months ago he needed Tommy John surgery, now somehow hes miraculously healed. Not buying it, so theres 2 more in the W column. Cleveland is Cleveland, 2 more there. If the Colts lose Harrison, then all of a sudden they have become smaller at the WR spot with Gonzo & Wayne..This could definately be a 13-3, 14-2 season for us.

13-3 or 14-2, Crav? I surely thought you'd have us at 15-1. :P

Other than the aforementioned Colts (who we can't beat), Patriots, Steelers, and possibly Chargers games... that's a very favorable schedule.

I'm not so bold as to say we'll win 13 games, but we're at least going to be in the running for the division championship. The best thing that happened this season was that we won every game that we "should have won", and another 1 or 2 on top of that. Winning the games you're supposed to win is tough to do, every week of the season.

Another year for Flacco, Cam, Harbaugh, and our young o-line to gel... I can see us winning all of these games again next season. That's the kind of team (and staff) we've put together.

On paper it's not as exciting as last years for me. My yawners are Browns, Raiders, KC, Chicago, Detroit....that's 6 games.

Wonder who "the Miami" will be? The teams that turn it around over night.

Can someone please tell me what this means!

I've been on here for a year and still can't figure out!

It's an inside joke. We used to filter the word "*** I'm stupid for thinking this game is easy ***" with that, because Crav always used to jinx us with it. :D

@Max: I think Detroit will be a .500 team; they won't be such an automatic. The Raiders and Chicago probably won't be blowouts, either.

Wonder who "the Miami" will be? The teams that turn it around over night.

Well I'm hoping a healthy Carson Palmer will facilitate my dream!