ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Draft Day Thread

vmax

Max, scouts said the same thing about Lamar Woodley when the Steelers drafted him. Shorter, stocky, DE/OLB tweener who ran a bad 40 time at the combine.

EDIT:

From the Baltimore Ravens twitter feed:

One year doesn't make you the class of the division. And congrats you have been booted out of the playoffs four straight years. Also who has the second longest streak of winning seasons that's right the steelers. I guess by your standards the bengals were the class of the division few years back as well. To be the class of the division you must consisntently win the division and that would be the steelers. Also two of your 4 playoff trips you have been bounced by the steelers. Only one team in the nfl has never lost to a division oppenent in the playoffs I wonder who that could be

One year doesn't make you the class of the division. And congrats you have been booted out of the playoffs four straight years. Also who has the second longest streak of winning seasons that's right the steelers. I guess by your standards the bengals were the class of the division few years back as well. To be the class of the division you must consisntently win the division and that would be the steelers. Also two of your 4 playoff trips you have been bounced by the steelers. Only one team in the nfl has never lost to a division oppenent in the playoffs I wonder who that could be

dude can't you find enough steelers fans that can read to talk football with?

I can but like my buddy crave I like talking with other fans as well. All I said in a draft thread was I liked the steelers draft. Then I was correctly identified as an a hole by a smart poster. Earlier in the thread me papa had an actual conversation and the steelers were involved and if you read I gave th ravensz compliments. Treat me with respect and I will do the same. Its a draft thread are only ravenscomments allowed in gameday threads.

Edited by vmax

Id rather get booted from the playoffs by tom

Brady then a rb playing qb. And id rather have a bad ass raven as my mascot than a fag in jean shorts and a construction hat like a village person named "steeley mcbeam". Its the gayest thing ive ever seen. Id rather have hot ass cheerleaders than live in a city with women too ugly to even find 30 hot enough to be cheerleaders. Id rather have a qb with a unibrow than a 30 year old fat headed mountain man who sexually assulted multiple woman. Id rather have ray lewis on my D than a guy who plays so dirty he gets fined 10x a season and doesnt understand why. Id rather sing the seven nation army than wave a urine stained rag around my head. Id rather have ed reed return ints than ryan clark talk shit all offseason and get stiffed armed in the dirt the first play of the season by a five foot tall ray rice. Id rather have lee evans drop a game winning td than have to get help from the refs on bullshit Calls like they do all the time because its more profitable for the nfl if the steelers advance than a small market team. Face it dude your qb is an old man and hes been beaten to death by suggs one too many times. He alone has been the sole reason for the steelers regular season record but without him youll be lucky to beat the browns. As everyone on here has said go talk shit on a steelers board. I used to troll other teams boards too when i was 14 years old but that was 13 years ago. Hopefully that fat ass troy polo is workibg out this offseason so he doesnt get burned on a crossing route by a TE like last year. Ur

Defense is old, your qb is old and often injured, your secondary is average at best and ur new offensive line is nothing but rookies. We have two old players in ray and birk and the rest is youthful as any team in the league. We are on the rise u r on the decline as evident by ur lack of winning against tim fucking tebow. Literally the worst passing quarterback ive ever seen and ive seen bad qb play here for a long time

Wow ed reed is young didn't know that. You are going to bring up ugly when baltimore was voted to have the second ugliest people in america. Don't even try to compare cties its kind of like trying to compare the ravens to the steelers baltimore just doesn't stack up. Pittsburgh wins awards for safiest city in america best place to live best city for kids and to raise a family second bes view in america and so and so on....meanwhile balt gets awards for being the best crack rock ugliest people and high crime rate lmao what a joke

Did you see the look on Weedens face when he found out he was going to Leaveland? :yeah:

Like he got the flu...or a stomach virus....or his girlfriend just said she's leaving.

Ohio has the red headed step kids for QB's.

HowdyDoody.jpg

I reckon we do. :laugh:

No ive been to pittsburgh four or five times the woman are ugly cows. And ed reeds age is moot since it hasnt changed his production at all. Hell even the nfl players voted reed and lewis the fourth and fifth best players in the league. So in reality our oldest players are still the better than any players on your roster. All steelers do talk shit and get their ass whooped like when rashard mendenhall said he was gonna truck ray lewis but instead ray broke his jaw that day. Literally broke his face. Youtube it. U got swept dude face it. Joe owns heinz field he sends ur ugly fat fans home crying every time we go up there. We r the class of the division whether ur too blinded by piss colored rags to see it. Two words TIM TEBOW.

So we are bringing up old stuff huh how about 3-0 and winning the afc championship. We sure did get our asses whooped that year. Since 2000 the steelers have more division titles then the rest of the division combined. We own the division face it you had a good year last but don't get used to it. How about all he times hines destroyed avens or ask reed how it felt when harrison destroyed him. Hell just look at my avatar nuff said when it comes to big hits once againthe ravens don't stack up. Two word billy cundiff ha ha or lee evans ha ha choke choke choke.

big hits reallly has it come to that? avatar pictures? And when did harrison destroy reed? They're not even on the field at the same time. I remember the dirty hit joey porter put on heap when he had a broken ankle. I remember hines wards dirty hits on everyone, I remember the dirty helmet to helmet hit ryan clark did to mcgahee. Now lets some see some real hits that arent dirty

the shot heard around the world, big ben the cameras are on you, u can act hurt again to look like a hero, i was at this game we won 27-0 had 7 sacks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj0hcW29Pyg&feature=related

my personal favorite.... Jarret johnson forces hines ward into retirement, you know he cried in the lockerroom like he always does

your fans are pathetic, when all the roethlisburger rape stuff came out all your fans hated ben, wanted him gone for tarnishing your precious legacy, then he won a couple games and it got swept under the rug, But we all know hes a scum bag, like yours fans.

Heres a link to a few sites that suit you better

forums.steelersfever.com/

www.steelernation.com/

sorry to get off the draft talk thread but its not like asshole was contributing anything worthwhile other than repeating "I love the steelers draft" like a 10 year old kid who knows nothing about football

Well when u rape a million picks out of oakland for a has-been qb who doesnt even want to play for u it makes the draft a little easier! And in the browns case sucking for so long gets u in the top five its not tough either. I keep hearing everyone say on 1057 how much better these other teams got but they dont understand basic math. Its easy to get 25% better when ur only a 50-60% complete team than it is to get 10% better when ur already an 85% complete team. We r still the class of the division and i think drafting at 29 out of 32 we did great. Upshaw alone made us better

They also are using those picks well now. Mike Brown did what I thought the Ravens should have been doing for yrs.

And clearly the Ravens have failed to bring in talent with the way they have been drafting. Rice, Flacco, Torrey, Boldin (used a 3rd to get him), Grubbs, Yanda, Oher, Dickson, Webb, Jimmy Smith, and Pitta. Clearly we've gotten the scrap heap of players. Not to mention drafting all world players like Ogden, Lewis, and Reed. Let's think of some more notable players, Jamal Lewis, Todd Heap, Terrell Suggs, Boulware, Sharper, McAlister, Starks, Mulitalo, Chester Taylor, Priest Holmes. I can see that we've really missed the boat in our drafts.

Look, trading down is good and all, but Oz has been very good. Second guessing one of the best aspects of this program gets tiresome. We've done well and it never seems like this team isn't doing their homework.

did I say that Ozzie drafted poorly. Please show me where I said that. At most I can say he drafted some guys I don't know. The guy from Del and the CB were not even close to my radar. They could be great.

Hell Last yr I was talking about Torrey. I said he shouldn't be a first rounder and he wasn't.

Why isn't credit given to Bellicheck for getting that 26th pick to get Lewis. He did trade away the 95 pick to get the extra 96 pick.

I tried to keep the thread on topic but as soon as I said we are the class of the division this squeeler moron opened his mouth to remind us how inferior we are to those tebowed scumbags. So I had to put him in his place. Back to the draft thread now.

Listened to the fan this morning. Preston bashed the draft hard, no big surprise I know.. He was saying how other than upshaw we didnt get players from perenially powerhouse colleges. But then a caller pointed out that in the first round no one from Florida, florida state, michigan, ohio state.. no one was a first rounder from these schools. Also another caller brought up that Upshaw slid so far because he got a domestic violence charge in 09.

draft grades for each draft should really be done 3 years later. Like we should just now be grading the 09 draft. Who the hell knows what any players will become or not become?

I will say this, ozzie flunked this one.. 2004

3 82 Baltimore Ravens Darling, DevardDevard Darling WR Washington State Pac-10 from Minnesota[15] 2 51 Baltimore Ravens Edwards, DwanDwan Edwards DT Oregon State Pac-10 6 187 Baltimore Ravens Harris, JoshJosh Harris QB Bowling Green MAC 5 153 Baltimore Ravens Green, RoderickRoderick Green DE Central Missouri State MIAA from Green Bay via Miami[19] 6* 199 Baltimore Ravens Moore, ClarenceClarence Moore WR Northern Arizona Big Sky 7* 244 Baltimore Ravens Abney, DerekDerek Abney WR Kentucky SEC 7* 246 Baltimore Ravens Rimpf, BrianBrian Rimpf G East Carolina C-USA

No doubt that Oz didn't do well in that draft. But 1 draft since 96 is a stellar track record.

As for the reference that you don't like the way Oz drafts papa. I don't have the time to look at all the past conversations, however I know that routinely you have second guessed his drafts and you have stated repeatedly that Oz doesn't know what he's doing in FA etc. I'm not gonna play word games here. I didn't say "xyz" exactly. You have definitely stated that you don't like how Oz has drafted and run this team, and you have definitely said that you think this team is on a downturn as a result.

i think Oz has us in perfect shape. Our window is wide open for years... We have young cornerstone pieces in place. The most important position in Football is QB, we have our guy for the next 5-10 years. We have a top 3 RB who is young. We have torrey smith set to be our guy for a while. We locked down Webb for a while hes young. Suggs is still young and hes DMVP. Nagata is young, cody, Upshaw now. Yanda will be here a while, KO or gradkowski, one of those two will stick. We are only really unsure about the safety spots. I mean damn we could be in a lot worse shape. Besides this years draft picks all our young guys have playoff experience already. We are primed for a SB run.

We got tebowed you got owned by one the worst defenses in nfl history 14 points against the pats lmao. At least the broncos had a defense winning the division ever 6 years doesn't make you the class of the division sorry not when the steelers have more since 200 then the rest of the division combined like it or not that is the truth.

We got tebowed you got owned by one the worst defenses in nfl history 14 points against the pats lmao. At least the broncos had a defense winning the division ever 6 years doesn't make you the class of the division sorry not when the steelers have more since 200 then the rest of the division combined like it or not that is the truth.

wrong message board... if you want to have the back and forth trolling. Go to the espn board.

he tried to address the WR in FA. Housh and Evans were both solid contributors on their previous teams, just werent clutch when we really needed them to be. If housh catches the last pass of 2010 he was a great FA, if Evans catches the last pass of 2011 he was a great pickup. Maybe he didnt address center last year because he thought Birk still had some tread on the tires, obviously by the end of the season Birk was toast. Either way those issues have been addressed now.

What do you think our biggest need is right now, today, what position?

steel- go away please, what point are u trying to make? u won a bunch of divisions in years past that means in years past you WERE the class of the division. We swept the entire division THIS season, that means we ARE the class of the division.