ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

"The AFC North that much tougher.”

vmax

Nobody's sweeping the Division this year....

Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome praised his AFC North brethren.

“You start with Cleveland, anytime you can get a running back, it shortens the game," he said. "And them getting a guy like Trent, and then getting a quarterback, but not only a quarterback, a quarterback that has some maturity, I think that learning curve may be a lot shorter with him. S, they did a good job. And then Cincinnati, Marvin [Lewis] having two first-round picks to get the offensive lineman and the corner that they got ... and then you move on to Pittsburgh.

"So I think all three teams really helped themselves in this year’s draft, and they just made competing in the AFC North that much tougher.”

http://www.csnbaltimore.com/football-baltimore-ravens/ravens-talk/Strong-drafts-across-AFC-North?blockID=699824&feedID=6703

It's a decent, brief synopsis from John Eisenberg.

Love the bumbling Brownies...they draft Weedon and that same day they leek that they are trying to dump McCoy. They needed a ton of players so losing all those picks to trade up one spot for Richardson was a real waste. Even if somebody else moves in and takes him, there were plenty of offensive weapons they could have chosen...and brought in many more players to fill in an impoverished and broken down lot. If nobody moved in, then they could have had one of the top 4 drafts.

Yeah the brownies absolutely had the worst draft in the division. They got a good rb but who blocks for him and who takes the eight man outta the box. Plus a 28 year old rookie that's a risk to me. He is what the second oldest qb in the division. Should be interesting this yeari think three teams will be in the playoffs again this year

Cle made a stupid trade in the first. they didn't give up the world to move up 1 spot. What did Ozzie give up to Cle to move up the one spot for Ngata? I think it was a 5th or so. There was no way Min was taking Richardson.

The rest of the Div all had really solid if not great drafts.

Clevelands choice of Weeden at QB is bizarre to me. From what I saw of him on tape he wasn't that great, so there must be something they saw with him to draft him.

Either way I don't get it.