ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Everyone OK up there?

cravnravn

I had to work today. Trees and power lines down everywhere...worst I've seen in a long time.

Basicly every traffic light in Northern Virginia and Montgomey county was out. All the stores closed because the credit card machines are down. That didn't stopp everybody from comming out and driving around with nowhere to go. No lights = huge traffic jambs. There was 1 gas station open and the line to get on the lot was a half mile long.

3 times I had to drive under sagging power lines accross the road, just barely clearing the roof of my truck. Then it was limb and tree dodging on most roads.

Catonsville seems to have come out of it ok...we have power.

I imagine this is a huge crisis for many. What can they do with no tv or internet!...no shopping?!...Nowhere to go....

"Dammit!!! It's got to come on or we'll have to talk to each other!"

3d1b88fe-8e4f-4d29-8ad6-97502cd945f4.jpg

My son likes it when stuff like this happens. He says it forces people to hang out and talk with their neighbors. I saw that all day...that's a good thing.

I got lucky, no damage to my house but a few houses down they lost a tree. Luckily its just a mess in their yard - it fell away from their house. My mother is without power, they told her for two days. That's no fun in this heat. I went to dinner tonight and the waitress told me their credit card service was still down.

Maybe more storms tonight.....

Yeah, I hear ya Spen..My Sis is up from Ocean City, they are at a wedding, for once not performed with a shotgun :)

They are staying with our Mom, no power, they called my daughter in Joppa, no power....I dont know what to tell them, I have MY generator, I have decent weather ;) Im 980 miles away..

Edited by cravnravn

Finally talked my Mom into driving down the Ocean, BG&E told her Friday at the earliest power was going to be restored.

furst.jpg"Did you check and see if it's still there?"

furst.jpg"Did you check and see if it's still there?"

Yup its still there, she got power back, and is heading back home some time this morning..

Now the fun begins, the Insurance Co has already denied her claim against the frig and freezer, they claim it was an act of god..

Wait a minute, arent most home owners policys tied into acts of god? Why would you even offer coverage on a frig if you know that 99.9% of any claim is going to be tied into an act from god? Sounds to me like Insurance Co find another way to screw the people.

• 4 weeks later...

It was insane here too. My parents 15 miles away got nothing but for an hour or so here last night it was pouring, hailing, and lightning like crazy. At one point thunder was really loud and my smoke detectors went off for a few seconds. Not sure how that works.

If your smoke detectors are hard wired it was probably a power surge that set them off...

We had some doozies down here last night, the bad thing is they dont move, they get over an area and the clouds are coming from the west, and the clouds are coming in from the east..

My daughter lives in Joppatowne, and the tornado sirens were going off tuesday night,It rained so hard, sideways that the rain came in from her upstairs bedroom windows..

Since Ive been here in April, there hasnt been a day when I dont lose the satellite signal due to a evening down pour...It better get this shit out of its system, football season is about to start.