ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Time is just about up

vmax

Why would we revret a deal for Rice? He is elusive, doesnt take big hits and has great all around instincts. Its not like Peterson or Johnson. Those guys are one dimensional. When pete loses his power he has little to fall back on. When johnson loses his speed likewise. Rice has all around faulk type game.

Why would we revret a deal for Rice? He is elusive, doesnt take big hits and has great all around instincts. Its not like Peterson or Johnson. Those guys are one dimensional. When pete loses his power he has little to fall back on. When johnson loses his speed likewise. Rice has all around faulk type game.

If he becomes injury prone they might regret it.

And hes a smart RB at that, HE DOESN'T take direct hits..Come on Pops you.ve seen the finesse runner over the years, and the little skat backs stay around the longest, starting with Lenny Moore then Joe Washington onto Barry, Emitt and now Rice.

And hes a smart RB at that, HE DOESN'T take direct hits..Come on Pops you.ve seen the finesse runner over the years, and the little skat backs stay around the longest, starting with Lenny Moore then Joe Washington onto Barry, Emitt and now Rice.

Even Warrick Dunn had a long career and ended up with a 1000 yard season pretty late in his career when people said he couldn't do it. The elusive guys with great running instincts last so much longer.

Heck, even Holmes, who suffered a devastating injury was able to recover and be productive when he shouldn't have been. It was because he was an all around runner with great vision, hands, feet, and instincts. Those guys make up for loss of speed and power.

There's been no indication that Rice won't duplicate similar success. This is not Jamal Lewis.

I have no complaint about locking up Rice for 5 years at this stage of the game. It makes sense to have a guy like this on the roster.

So forte is a stupid RB. Maybe Peterson is. Pointing to exceptions to the rule does not change the rule.

And the Rule is....Find Something Wrong! :yeah:

OK...see if you can find something wrong with this photo...

very-wrong-photos-lick-a-something.jpg

On the surface it is a good deal. But in time it very well might not be a good deal.

He is 25 years old and the deal takes him to when he is 30. 30 is a bit old for a RB, but there are numerous cases where a RB can still be effective (sometimes very good) at that age. If it was until he was 32 or 33 I might have doubts, but as is I do not.

You always seem to want to get rid of players in their prime to 'plan for the future'. If every move you make is for the future you will never achieve success in the present. And there is absolutely no reason to plan for the future at the expense of signing a 25 year old star player like Ray Rice.

My mind is not in the gutter.

I'm being very selective in my posting. I've found some very, very wrong pictures, that even by my low standards, I can't bring myself to post.

Just imagine how wrong they are.

04-wrong-photos.jpg