ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

I give up

cravnravn

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Opening Ceremonies are always "interesting" culturally, but bland as a show... five hours of interpretive dance that recreates national history, old rock musicians, etc etc.

I like to watch to see the elements - I always like the torch lighting too - but like the Oscars the show always just feels slow and boring. Even with China, the highlights were far more fun than the actual event.

Dc, Bejing was spectacular, that really held out interest for the 5 hrs..

Funny how the brits left out sailing into Baltimores Harbor in 1812 and then getting the shit kicked out of their royal navy...I could have put on a hell of a skit for that :)

Great match for the US Mens Archery Team. They beat the favorite, Korea and sent them "Out into the weeping and knashing of teeth".

3 Bulls Eyes in a row. Did you see the friggn'n bows they use!? US now moves on to the gol;d medal round.

papa...what's your take on Phelps for this Olympics?

Beijing also staged most of their stuff - lip synched, pre-recorded and faked on tv. :)

When you know that, it takes the wind out of some of it. At least the Brits did it legit - even if dumbed down - and had fun with it, poked fun at themselves.

Phelps better get his head out of his ass..Hes already blown one medal...

I see Phelps as a cocky Mo-Fo in these game. So much is being made that if he wins 3 golds hes the most decorated America EVER....Thats playing on his mind I know it..

Tid Bit, The Gold Medal is not Gold, its 3 oz of Silver overlayed by a fraction of an ounce in gold..So basically its worthless..

Phelps doesn't medal in the hardest event in swimming - perhaps the entire Olympics - the event he said he probably would retire from first, especially in the Olympics. But what an unbelievable failure!

There's a dozen explanations for his races - the first of which was a bit poor, the second of which was strong, especially coming from lane eight. He'll easy pass the three medals he needs. (By the way - he needs three medals - any color - to become the most decorated Olympian from ANY nation ever).

Lochte has outworked and out trained Phelps by a mile. He's in far better condition and way more motivated.

Phelps will have to get his gold in races where Lochte isn't swimming.

I tried watching the Olympics, but tennis and womens cycling just wasn't cutting it. Then I switched networks over to boxing. Not much better. I think they need to make MMA an olympic sport.

Phelps and Lochte only swim in one more event against each other... and Lochte has been outworking Phelps, no denying that. But then again, Phelps has long articulated that he is just sticking around for the fun.