ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

a scene never before seen

vmax

3rd in total D..

Yep, enjoy! We wont see another Brody Croyle led team all season (well, maybe detroit lions !).

Next week, San Diego. if Brody Croyle can lead a 90 yard TD drive againts our vaunted D (in our house, no less), what is Philip Rivers going to do to our D. Unless Ray Ray and company were told to "kick back and relax", our D will get shellacked next week. Put on your seat belts next Sunday !

I still think that people are overreacting to the defensive issues.

First and foremost... the Chiefs managed one good drive and one decent drive. Just one of each. They went 3-and-out on 6 or 7 of 12 series.

Also, 14 of their 24 points came off of turnovers - mistakes that this team is not generally in the habit of making (or shouldn't be). The blocked punt certainly won't happen every weekend. The interception was a result of really stretching Flacco to expand his game. If we reel him in, the overthrows and near misses don't happen.

Our defense will have its game face on in a week. We held LJ to 20 yards on 11 carries. We doubled the Chiefs in time of possession. Those are the truly meaningful stats that we should be building off of for next week.

I still think that people are overreacting to the defensive issues.

First and foremost... the Chiefs managed one good drive and one decent drive. Just one of each. They went 3-and-out on 6 or 7 of 12 series.

Also, 14 of their 24 points came off of turnovers - mistakes that this team is not generally in the habit of making (or shouldn't be). The blocked punt certainly won't happen every weekend. The interception was a result of really stretching Flacco to expand his game. If we reel him in, the overthrows and near misses don't happen.

Our defense will have its game face on in a week. We held LJ to 20 yards on 11 carries. We doubled the Chiefs in time of possession. Those are the truly meaningful stats that we should be building off of for next week.

I agree with dc... the only touchdown drive the Chiefs had was off of a flukish 50-yard pass on third down. Like dc said, the amount of 3-and-outs was impressive! I mean seriously guys, think about it: if after week one the DEFENSE is what we are worrying about the most, we are in good shape! You know the Ravens are going to play Ravens defense.

I'm not worried about anything, the Chiefs couldn't make plays most of the day, but when they did they just managed to make it count. The yardage total in the first quarter was like 100 to -4. That blocked punt won't happen again, first week learning curve. Flacco's pick when we are driving gets taken back 70 yards to our 5, then a stupid penalty by Gooden gives them another 1st and goal, that was terribly unlucky. And let's not forget the perfect pass by Croyle on that 50 yard bomb. Croyle impressed me yesterday, he had a chance to prove he could play with Cassell out and he took advantage of it, I'm not gonna take anything away from him.

That 50 yard pass play was one third of the Chiefs offense.

That the score was close...a tie with 5 minutes left, is good for the Ravens. A wake up call. If a young team like the Chiefs can hang in and take you to the wall then I see them learning this lesson...give 110% no matter who you play.

Harbaugh's mantra is to get better each day/each week. I expect that to happen.

Opening day...first game of the season ....all teams have some rust to kick off. I'd say the Ravens don't have as much as others.