ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Things are falling in place for Ravens

vmax

In some ways the win was ugly...but so were many of the 2000 wins. This has me taking stock on what I see now and what may be...

Certainly it's way to early in the 16 game schedule but things are taking shape in the Ravens favor.

With the Steelers loss the Ravens sit on top of the division.

I like the Ravens chances of beating the Browns at home next week.

heartattackyf7.jpg

I like the possibilities of the Steelers losing to the Bengals next week. If that comes to pass then a 2 game divisional lead would be huge for the 2009 Ravens.

I also like the Ravens chances vs the Bengals who are not in the Chargers league despite an improved defense...but the Bengals are a good team folks. The Ravens could finish #1 in the division and the Bengals 2.

The Ravens could be 5-1 or 6-0 at the bye now that they have a solid, balanced and respectable offense.

49380327.jpg

2 more thoughts...

We might be seeing a shift in the balance of power in the AFC too...Pats and Colts suddenly not as scary and the Jets are on the rise. Big win for Texans over Titans. Again...I know how premature this is....just something to keep an eye on.

7 for 7.

In 2 games the Ravens were in the redzone 7 times and have 7 TD's.

That still hasn't sunk in. Too many years of Billick being conservative in the redzone so he could send out Matt had me believing field goals were acceptable..."Don't take a risk! Might turn it over!"

Damn it's great having an offense that can score touchdowns!

cs_258.jpg

Actually... we're 7 for 8.

We started 7 for 7... but our final possession following the interception was a red zone possession and we came away with the Hauschka field goal. We started at the 14... backed to the 25 or so... got back to the 15... and took the FG.

In some ways the win was ugly...but so were many of the 2000 wins. This has me taking stock on what I see now and what may be...

I had one or two flash backs of the 2000 Ravens-Jags game and the Ravens-Jets Testaverde game today as I tried to convince myself that the performance of our D today doesn't mean they will stink all season. Matty has his work cut out for him - 400 passing yards is insane.

I still think the Rust Buckets are the best team in the division - they lost today because of two missed fgs by Reed - that might not happen again all season cause he's usually money. They have the better D and special teams. We'll see next week if they continue to miss Polamalu. It's great that they lost today because if you look at their schedule, there aren't many L's on there.

The Steelers defense might be better than the Ravens... but it's not the defense it once was.

And the Steelers offense is their real issue. 300 yards total, 100 yards rushing... and they come away with just 14 points. They had this issue last year. You can only get away with it so long. They aren't good in the red zone. They aren't good in short yardage. They aren't particularly good rushing.

The Ravens defense won't have to be perfect to stop the Steelers offense right now. Better than we were in San Diego? Yes. But perfect? Far from it.

Meanwhile, our offensive improvement gives us some new hope... we're more balanced than they are offensively. We're more balanced than many teams are. There is much hope here.

The Ravens defense won't have to be perfect to stop the Steelers offense right now. Better than we were in San Diego? Yes. But perfect? Far from it.

Its time to activate Kruger, we need much, much help in pressuring the QB if we plan on keeping Foxworth and Washington out there with no help..Where in the hell was Reed when those guys were getting burnt all day?

Where in the hell was Reed when those guys were getting burnt all day?

Answering my own question :>)

Reed needed skates out there he was all over the field, we cannot have that. next week its Brady, and the week after that its the hard to guage Bengals with Palmer. We can be in some serious trouble.