ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Bring on the elements

OutsideRzAcE

Early forecast for the game calls for temps in the low 20's with a 40 percent chance of snow. Bring it on! The more snow the better. When Manning chose the Broncos this past offseason, I questioned why he would go from a dome to Denver as opposed to San Fran or Arizona. I think the snow and the cold hurt Denver more than the Ravens.

Joe plays well in the cold and wind...better than any opposing QB's that I've seen him go against. It does not effect his throws. He just powers up.

And they can pound it with Rice and Pierce.

Our ER prediction:

twilightzonewilltherealmartianpleasestandupthirdeye.jpg "The Ravens will Shock the World!"

Joe plays well in the cold and wind...better than any opposing QB's that I've seen him go against. It does not effect his throws. He just powers up.

And they can pound it with Rice and Pierce.

Our ER prediction:

twilightzonewilltherealmartianpleasestandupthirdeye.jpg "The Ravens will Shock the World!"

Max,

Bingo. We need to pound both. BTW- I am really impressed by Pierce. On his last run for a first down, he was running like an absolute beast, a man possessed ! He's a baller. For Denver, we need to use the double barrel approach - Pierce for north-south runs and Rice for east-west, dump-offs and screens. It will keep the D honest and take some pressure of Joe and the offense.

BTW- Sorry i missed you at the game. We ended up at Pickles, grabbed a beer, and took in all the festivities. My son and I had a blast !

Hey varav....I know the Pierce run you are talking about. My brother said "He's all heart and won't go down."

That was some party yesterday!

History. Save your ticket and program.

Cold as shit...the projected high is now 19 degrees.

What might be an even bigger concern for the Ravens are cold temperatures and possible snowfall during the game.

Before the 2012 season started, the list of the 10 coldest games in Broncos team history included six home games when the kickoff temperature had been between 16 and 18 degrees, right around the expected range on Saturday.

There is also a chance of snow; in 17 years, the Ravens have never truly played in a snow game, whereby heavy snow is falling and the field is covered to the point that grounds-crew members have to shovel snow off the lines in 5-yard increments.

"You have to cope with it," Harbaugh said. "You have to wear the right cleats, you have to call the game accordingly, and you're not going to know until you get out there and get a feel for how the field conditions are and things like that.

"So, we'd like to think we're a team built for all weather, for all conditions."

The great altitude debate will go on for as long as football is played in Denver. But leave it to no-frills Ravens defensive coordinator Dean Pees to debunk what he feels is a myth:

"I've never really bought into the altitude thing, to be honest with you. … When I was getting my master's degree, I had a guy that was a football player that was one of my college professors. It was a kinesiology class or something. I can't remember exactly what it was. But, he talked to me. He was a football player for BYU. He was a prof; he had his doctor's degree.

"He told me that when these guys sit on the sideline and put those oxygen masks on, that is absolutely placebo. That means nothing. There is nothing. Your body takes in so much oxygen. That's it. Unless you're really at altitude of climbing a mountain and you are way up there, it really is more in your head than anything else. That's what I’ve believed the last 40 years."

....We've heard from several who grew up in the Rocky Mountain region that the altitude affects different visitors in different ways; no two are alike. If the Broncos' no-huddle attack gets cranked up and finds a good rhythm, it could be a long day for the Ravens.

http://www.pressboxonline.com/blog.cfm?id=5671

Oh! It will be colder...

At Saturday’s 4:30 p.m. ET kickoff, it’s predicted to be 18 degrees but feel like nine degrees.

But the Ravens weren’t backing down this week. In fact, they seemed to embrace it.

“I hope it’s even worse than what they say,” guard Marshal Yandaicon-article-link.gif said. “I hope it’s negative five.

It could actually be an advantage for the visiting Ravens.

Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning, who spent his entire career before this season in a dome, doesn’t have the greatest track record outside in cold weather.

Manning is 3-6 in his career when playing outdoors in the postseason. When the temperature has been 30 degrees or less, his quarterback rating has plunged to 66.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Bring-On-The-Cold/3822c851-8faa-443f-9803-a6f3644d6632