ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Jacoby Jones' 70-Yard Touchdown

deeshopper

Denver's homefield advantage worked against them there, "the altitude". It looked like that ball was going to be picked off but it kept sailing and sailing.

Good observation there. I was thinking the same thing on Joe's over throw to a wide open Torry Smith that would have been a sure 7. Was it caused by the Denver atmosphere?

"Thank You God!"

animalhouse02.jpg

Edited by vmax

That play was also a huge thing I've always thought this team was somehow missing... in other games, we watch great QBs like Manning and Brady waddle all over the place and then magically someone is wide open - whether it's 50 yards downfield or streaming to the sideline or running straight back to them.

I never remember seeing that with the Ravens. On that play, when Joe starts to move, you see the DBs all step in to come to the possible run (probably stupid given the circumstances, but still what you expect in most cases). Jones was bright enough to stay deep, and not just follow the pack.

And I love how everyone is talking about how the guy "mistimed his jump." No. You don't jump in that situation. The ball is not the target. You tackle the guy - hopefully after he catches it. It's 70 yards downfield, no timeouts, 30 seconds remaining and they need a TD. If he catches it, you have chances at redemption. If it's interference, you have chances at redemption. And if you hit him hard enough he doesn't catch it, you're a hero.

Meanwhile - just read Jeffrey Chadri on ESPN pretty much saying "the Ravens didn't do anything right - it was just the Broncos doing everything wrong." I always love that line. At what point does one team doing something poorly have to be recognized as a part of the other team forcing that action? "Thomas and Decker disappeared for long stretches and the Ravens seemed happy to let Peyton throw to the tight ends." You're right. That was a strategy. It worked. Suck it.

Meanwhile - just read Jeffrey Chadri on ESPN pretty much saying "the Ravens didn't do anything right - it was just the Broncos doing everything wrong." I always love that line. At what point does one team doing something poorly have to be recognized as a part of the other team forcing that action? "Thomas and Decker disappeared for long stretches and the Ravens seemed happy to let Peyton throw to the tight ends." You're right. That was a strategy. It worked. Suck it.

Chadiha a tool. He has to rationalize the Ravens victory since he said it was a "foregone conclusion" denver would win.