ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Flacco's Passer Rating: 106.2

deeshopper

How good has Joe Flacco been during the Baltimore Ravens’ playoff run?

Try this: He completed 21 of 36 passes for 240 yards, three touchdowns, no interceptions and a 106.3 QB rating in Sunday’s 28-13 AFC title game upset of the Patriots … and, statistically, it was his worst performance of the postseason.

Flacco threw for 282 yards and posted a 125.6 passer rating in a Round 1 win over the Colts, then put up 331 yards, three touchdowns and a 116.2 rating last week, in taking down Peyton Manning.

http://nfl.si.com/2013/01/20/first-downfourth-down-joe-flacco-outplays-a-rattled-tom-brady/?sct=uk_t11_a2

So, do you think Flacco is elite now? This playoff run is probably going to cost us north of 15 million a year for Joe's services. He's probably worth it if he could just be a little more consistent.

So what does everybody think? Are we going to franchise Joe for the next year or will they be able to work out a contract by March (I think)? They have a pretty good record of signing their own. I hope they get it done. The tag is hated by players and ties our hands in so far as salary cap space is concerned.

They need to get it done. I have posted my doubts about him here many times but hes earned a long term deal at a high rate. I am feeling really good about him right now but even if I wasn't I'd admit hes earned a deal. Look at what hes accomplished his time in the league. Its impressive.

Caldwell and Joe are a match made in heaven. Cam doesn't win that game. Caldwell exposed the mismatches, made adjustments at halftime and put Joe in position to so. This game. We have something really good here, we have to win next week!

I agree. They lose if Cam was the OC. Also you can see that they make halftime adjustments.

Caldwell plays to win. He attacks....but he doesn't quit on the run...33 rushes/36 passes.

Not only that Max but Caldwell got creative with the run. He saw the Pats game planned toward stopping the run out of base formations so he went to the gun and put the Pats on their heels. Also credit to Hostler. Now that Cam's out this is not a one man band coming up with the gameplan. Caldwell, Joe, Harbaugh, Hostler, even Boldin probably had some input on the gameplan or in game adjustments.

Caldwell plays to win. He attacks....but he doesn't quit on the run...33 rushes/36 passes.

He knows how to keep the pressure on to keep piling up points. Cam would have been satisfied to just be up by 7 and gone into a shell.

Joe's making the most of the playoffs this year. He's making his mark...

With eight touchdown passes and zero interceptions, Baltimore Ravens QB Flacco has a shot to tie or break Montana's record for most touchdown passes without throwing an interception in a single postseason, according to ESPN Stats & Information. Montana threw 11 touchdowns without getting picked off in 1989.

It's the type of playoff run that is changing the minds of Flacco's critics and NFL defenders.

"He is one of the elite quarterbacks," Patriots safety Steve Gregory said after the AFC Championship Game. "I know he gets a lot of flack for possibly not being that type of guy. But he is."

There is a trend that suggests Flacco will be getting more than compliments. Every quarterback who has finished a postseason throwing at least eight touchdowns without a pick has not only won the Super Bowl, but also the Super Bowl MVP.

At this point, just getting to the Super Bowl is a surreal moment for Flacco.

"I think it is just one of those things you dream of when you are a little kid," he said. "You watch [Joe] Montana and those guys light them up in the Super Bowl. So, to be here at this point is pretty special."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/64191/joe-flacco-closing-in-on-joe-montana

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/64191/joe-flacco-closing-in-on-joe-montana