ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

it looks like the 2x number 1 pass defense will still be together next year

thesteelhurtin

Troy will be fine now that he is going to Florida with ike to work with tom Shaw. This will be silverbacks last year at least his last with the Steelers. Toward the end of the year when his knee finally healed he was starting to look like his old self again and went into the off-season 100% which is the first time that has happened in years. Troy was 100% at the end of the year as well and started to play great. Be careful what you wish for.

• Upvote 1

Also if you look at history Haleys offense has always exploded the second year.

Also if you look at the history Ben is due another off the field issue. If it's not a motorcycle crash or being accused of sexual assult, what will it be next?

I think Ben comes out with this gem "Todd Haley is an alien and he abducted me and subjected me to an anal probe"

Either that or his wife is actually his half sister or something.

You havent filled the main problem...The O-Line, Decastro & Adams are BUSTS

Didn't see enough of them to decide that bit decastro looked good when he was starting and not 100% and Adams looked like a beast when he was in there. The four weeks he was starting rt the Steelers went from the 29th rushing offense to the 21st and fell back to I believe the 26th after he got rolled up on so you can see a direct impact from him. I actually think our oline will be the strength of this offense next year. Gilbert is a better pass blocker and built more like a lt where he will be playing next year. The only concern I have is at lg. If colon stays healthy which won't happen can Beachum step up. I actually wouldn't be against the Steelers getting Barrett Jones in the first and move pouncey to LG.

• Upvote 1

Also if you look at the history Ben is due another off the field issue. If it's not a motorcycle crash or being accused of sexual assult, what will it be next?

I think Ben comes out with this gem "Todd Haley is an alien and he abducted me and subjected me to an anal probe"

Either that or his wife is actually his half sister or something.

No no no you have your timeline all wrong. Ben has a bad year followed by a great year then that off-season he gets in trouble.
  • Upvote 1

Adams struggled greatly in pass defense but he's getting better, DeCastro is going to be a beast. I'm not to optimistic about this coming season, but I never am. The Steelers will be competing for the division, that I have no doubt.

If we had won the division or even finished second I would be more worried but finishing third gives us and easier schedule and kinda changes the learning curve for the young guys. Not a whole lot is changing with this team with all the injuries last year and one play here or there and we are in the playoffs maybe even win the division. It really just comes down to health next year. If troy and deebo are full strength I like our chances if we get destroyed with injuries like the past two season then I don't know.

• Upvote 1

You havent filled the main problem...The O-Line, Decastro & Adams are BUSTS

that's just FUCKING STUPID TO SAY

wear a hat YOU OLD FOGEY

FUCKING BAKED!

:bleh:

• 2 weeks later...

Keenan Lewis is now talking with the Saints. I don't think they can offer him much because their cap situation is no good. I hope the Steelers can match their offer, but maybe Lewis wants to go back down south like Wallace.

Either way, we'll have Ike, Cortez Allen, William Gay, and Curtis Brown. We've already looked at Vaccaro. Looks like we're looking hard at Matt Elam in the draft. He might fall to us in the second at this point, but we might have to trade back in the 1st to get him. If not, there's always Swearinger latter on.

Keenan Lewis is now talking with the Saints. I don't think they can offer him much because their cap situation is no good. I hope the Steelers can match their offer, but maybe Lewis wants to go back down south like Wallace.

Either way, we'll have Ike, Cortez Allen, William Gay, and Curtis Brown. We've already looked at Vaccaro. Looks like we're looking hard at Matt Elam in the draft. He might fall to us in the second at this point, but we might have to trade back in the 1st to get him. If not, there's always Swearinger latter on.

Lewis also said he doesn't want to leave the Steelers and maybe this colon cut will give us the money. I'm still holding out hope.