ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Leach To Be Cut

ForceEight

Another starter on the defending Super Bowl champions is on the way out.

Ravens fullback Vonta Leach, a starter in Baltimore since arriving in 2011, will be either traded or released after failing to come to terms on a new contract, the Baltimore Sunreports.

Hmmmm.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/10/vonta-leach-on-the-way-out-in-baltimore/

Looks like it's done based on his twitter feed. I'm pretty surprised they would do it so late. Hopefully they can use the funds to pick up some guys. Brandon Lloyd would be a nice fit and there are a ton of other vets still available and more to come I'm sure with training camp cuts.

More than anything this probably means we will not being using a fullback as much. Juice is more of an H-back and is an asset in the passing game. Leach really didn't see the field much once Caldwell took over. Not worth it to pay Leach that much money for only being on the field for 35% of the offensive snaps.

This stat was interesting:

RT @MatthewBerryTMR: Remember this if Leach leaves MT @PFF_NateJahnke Leach on field: Ray Rice 206att/869 yds/10 TD in '12. Without? Rice 135 att/582 yds/1 TD

Rice actually ran for more YPC without Leach. Granted this stat is biased as having Leach in both signaled that we were more likely to run in addition to the fact that Leach was in in short-yardage situations where there weren't many yards to be gained. In the end I'm probably a fan of this move given our limited cap space and how little we were going to use Leach.

We got a young up in comer in will Johnson but he is more of an hback then a true fb. I miss the days of Dan the man kreider I know yinz don't but I sure do.

Com'm Man.... :nono: