ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

No Pressure No Win

vmax

You can't beat Tom Brady or Peyton Manning without harrassing them all day and the same goes for Carson Palmer, With his receivers and the state of the Ravens secondary he'll win the shootout... and I think it will be a shootout.

He cannot be allowed to have the time to hit the intermediate routes.

He will definately throw at least 3 bombs looking for the completion or penalty. The Ravens cannot afford to let him have the time to do that.

If the Ravens can generate that pressure...and if the secondary plays like they did Sunday...then the Ravens have a decent shot at winning this game.

Don't count out Joe, max. If this game turns into a shootout, I believe we have just as much of a chance to win as the Bengals do. We do not have the #7 offense in the league for nothing (Cincy is #13). We also have the #4 scoring offense compared to Cincy's #15. I do agree, we need to pressure Carson, but the same could be said about what the Bengals need to do to Joe. What it comes down to for both teams is that the run game needs to be shut down. If Benson runs for another 120 yards on us, they will win, no doubt.

As I said before the last meeting with the Bengals, the key to this game is stopping Benson. The reason Carson was able to pick our secondary apart was because our defense was on their heels from the run game.

Whoa. Ol' thunder here has figured out what happened in matchup #1. Baltimore predictably overplayed the run late, and payed the price. IMHO the Ravens do not have the secondary to matchup to Ocho, Coles, Henry, and Caldwell. I foresee your HC Harbaugh bringing EXTREME defensive pressure trying to rattle Palmer, which leaves an abundance of intermediate routes ripe for the picking. Then, when your LB's drop back into coverage to help, here comes Cedric Benson again, and again.

Whoa. Ol' thunder here has figured out what happened in matchup #1. Baltimore predictably overplayed the run late, and payed the price. IMHO the Ravens do not have the secondary to matchup to Ocho, Coles, Henry, and Caldwell

We didnt have the secondary to cover Brandon Marshall, Stokely and the other Denver WR..You bring pressure, you could make Kim Herring and Dwayne Starks look like multi-million Free Agents...

I foresee your HC Harbaugh bringing EXTREME defensive pressure trying to rattle Palmer, which leaves an abundance of intermediate routes ripe for the picking.

Pressure makes QB's make quick decision which turn to mistakes, Orton had 1 pick prior to last week, we got him what twice?? All from our pressure.

Then, when your LB's drop back into coverage to help, here comes Cedric Benson again, and again.

Hey, you want to run the ball 3 scores down, be my guest.

Whoa. Ol' thunder here has figured out what happened in matchup #1. Baltimore predictably overplayed the run late, and payed the price. IMHO the Ravens do not have the secondary to matchup to Ocho, Coles, Henry, and Caldwell. I foresee your HC Harbaugh bringing EXTREME defensive pressure trying to rattle Palmer, which leaves an abundance of intermediate routes ripe for the picking. Then, when your LB's drop back into coverage to help, here comes Cedric Benson again, and again.

I think you are on to something here, and I do believe that Carson will have success. With that said, even though Carson tore up our secondary last time, you still only won by four points. The bottom line is our defense has to play a bend but don't break philosophy. We will try and ramp up the pressure, which Carson will burn us with a few times, but I am expecting a few big plays for the defense as well. The difference this meeting should be the success of our offense. Your defense was able to contain our offense last time, I do not think they will be able to do it twice. Odom being out and Gaither playing is a huge advantage for us. Ray Rice should have more success running the ball and Joe Flacco will have more time to throw.

I am going to say this again. Last time we had a chance to put the game away with our last drive, but Flacco barely missed Clayton on the long ball. If we let Carson have the ball last again with a chance to win the game, you guys will win. In order for us to win, we have to finish the game strong.

I think that's what we're all missing... OFFENSE.

14 points (17 from our offense) is our season low. By a pretty nice margin too. This offense should be able to score more. Bottom line.

If we only allow 17 points, we should win. As bad as our defense looked in the final moments of the Bengals game, our offense needed some blame as well - because their performance the whole game was unacceptable. 17 points people.

Now, we should also take into consideration that the Bengals had some bungled scoring opportunities thanks to some big plays by our defense (and bad plays by their special teams). So maybe their 17 is not their best either. But bottom line... we put up 23(+7) on Denver. We put up 31 on Minny. We put up 20+ on NE. No reason we can't move against the Bengals.

I foresee your HC Harbaugh bringing EXTREME defensive pressure trying to rattle Palmer, which leaves an abundance of intermediate routes ripe for the picking.

Pressure makes QB's make quick decision which turn to mistakes, Orton had 1 pick prior to last week, we got him what twice?? All from our pressure.

You're not seriously comparing Kyle Orton to Carson Palmer are you!?! Orton has never beaten Baltimore. Palmer has overall made a habit of it. Habits are really hard to break.