ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Expectations for 2013

cravnravn

What are yours?

I wont ever take off the purple glasses, even with what we went through in March. With that, I understand how difficult it is to repeat with that bullseye squarely place upon our backs. Our schedule looks very favorable, our toughest away games are Denver & Pittsburgh, Having Minny, Green Bay & New England at home has the makings of a 13-3 record.

Week 1, will determine if we get the 1 or 2 seed thru the playoffs, thats where it gets iffy, your top seeds are not guaranteed a trip into the AFCCG,

Its all going to depend on Joe Flacco, my gut is telling me that what we witnessed through last years playoff run, was Joe breaking out. Im not worried that we lost Boldin, most turned chicken little when we lost heap & Mason, joe turned to Pitta & Boldin. Torrey or Jacoby along with Pitta will be Joes go to guys, and Im just as confident with that trio as I was with Heap & Mason, or Boldin & Pitta.

We just play Ravens football, the D will be 3x as better as last seasons, and there is no reason, that Baltimore wont be hosting the AFCCG vs Indy.

I have the Ravens winning the division.

I expect that battle to be a dogfight because of the bull's-eye that crav mentions. Every AFC North coaching staff, GM and owner have to figure out a way to beat the Ravens if their teams are to take the next step. Their jobs depend on it. It's the focus of their off season and training camp. Their challenge is to field a better team than the Ravens or they are just average Joe's.

In Cleveland's case, being an average Joe would be a huge step up. :yeah:

What happens beyond that depends on 2 things:

1. How healthy will Ngata, Suggs, Canty and Webb be? If they are in good physical condition then I expect the Ravens to be AFC Champs again.

2. Will all the new faces merge with the old and produce a well disciplined team with solid leadership? If by December, the right hand knows what the left is doing without looking, than a repeat is a strong possibility.

SB repeats are rare.

Most SB winning teams went for the repeat with basically their same roster.....and failed. So... the Ravens are taking a new tact. They did a record breaking turnover of a SB roster with the goal to get better. To get younger, faster, and stronger. To field a better team than last year.

The 2013 Ravens are not a fat, happy and complacent lot.

I know the Ravens are going to go all out to make history. The team has bought in and it's leaked out. We know what happens when they are passionate about something, so a major hurdle has already been overcome.

They already smell blood.

Crav,

In spite of the nice off season moves - especially on D (which I really like) - we lost some real leaders - Ray, Reed, Birk- and our beat WR- Boldin - and can't/didn't replace them. Plus, as you said, we've got the bullseye on our backs, every game.

On the plus side, I really like the moves on D and see a vast improvement, albeit without the leadership that Ray and Reed brought. It's critical that Webb, Smith and or Graham solidify the CB position and Suggs/Dumervil bring significant QB pressure.

On offense, the burden lies squarely on Joe. Can he play at a consistent high level throughout the season and eliminate the occasional bad games where he plays in a funk - e.g. Cincy games ?

Losing Boldin and Birk are tough to overcome.

Add it all up, playing in the AFCN, I think we are in the range of a 6-10 Win season. That's how I see it.

YES, better than Denver & Houston, Dont buy into all the JJ Watts Bull shit, I wouldnt trade Suggs or Doom for him any day of the week.

Then you are out of your mind. Watts is a beast and I would send Suggs to hou for him so fast his head would spin.

Better than Denver ? Houston ? Hmmh

Yeah I think Denver got hurt in FA. They sliped back a little. Houston has offensive issues and I have no faith in their head coach. That said I have no faith in Harbs either.