ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

New Offensive, Defensive Schemes.

vmax

I think they'll be better. They continue to build, evolve and grow.

New Offensive, Defensive Schemes.

In the brief time we got to see Caldwell calling the shots, we saw the offense really “open up,” says CBSSports.com’s Jason La Canfora.

Here are the changes La Canfora noted, and he expects a continuation of them this season.

1) More of Joe Flaccoicon-article-link.gif’s voice in audibles and game planning

2) More passes thrown down the seams and utilizing the middle of the field

3) More of an emphasis on spread formations

4) More speed at the line of scrimmage

On the defensive side of the ball, the Ravens added former NFL head coach and defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo, who will work as a senior defensive assistant to Dean Pees.

What will happen when you combine 1) Spags, who can be “very exotic and aggressive with his blitz concepts,” 2) Pees who has an “attacking mindset,” 3) renewed depth on the defensive line and 4) capable corners?

“[it] will allow for plenty of shuffling and creativity,” wrote La Canfora.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-711-Tyrod-Taylors-Serious-Vertical-Jump-/11d1b2a7-4d99-4ff9-8e9a-18aff7288c0d

I am really curious about our Defense. With so many new faces, it s going to be very different, almost surreal, in the beginning.

The speed and athleticism of these new, young guys is really intriguing to me.

As we transition on D, I am very interested to see how the newer, younger guys will compensate for the loss of the seasoned veterans and their leadership.

I cant wait for the season to begin !!