ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Riley Cooper

Geronimo

Tell me if you heard this joke before.... a racist, a murder, and a preacher are having a conversation

9410390091_d5328447c5_z.jpg

in hindsight

Tebow isn't that good of a preacher either

kind of makes you think of the crucifixion too

it really doesn't matter

the laws that are being passed on voter id and such will keep honkey in the majority even as a minority .blocking hundreds of thousands when there were only 42 cases of voter fraud

STAY CLASSY [Fellas]

FAIR ENOUGH :kool:

• Downvote 1

it really doesn't matter

the laws that are being passed on voter id and such will keep honkey in the majority even as a minority .blocking hundreds of thousands when there were only 42 cases of voter fraud

STAY CLASSY [Fellas]

So he can call white people a honkey but I can't abbreviate a slur back at him, "go figure"......Explain that mr/mrs Moderator.....

So he can call white people a honkey but I can't abbreviate a slur back at him, "go figure"......Explain that mr/mrs Moderator.....

Why are you even pretending that the two are on the same level? Please dont tell me you are that fucking stupid.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Why are you even pretending that the two are on the same level? Please dont tell me you are that fucking stupid.....

LOL

LOL

LOL

DIVINE laying down the law :bleh:

ur okay in my book Spen

1. For the record, I edited the posts. I also edited more than one to my recollection, reflecting a variety of 'slurs.'

2. On a non-mod related note, OldSchool, while I agree with the sentiment that "words are words" and to some extent we shouldn't care - you're not following that to its logical conclusion. Cooper uses the "N" word - and you say "this is free speech get over it, why should he be punished?". But in reality, would you say the same about someone who used anti-semitic language or veiled references to Nazism? Would we be okay with players using "just words" about Jews? Women? Disabled persons? Politically, Cooper has every right to use whatever words he wants. His employer has equal right to tell him that so long as he represents them, he's going to follow their code of conduct.

1. For the record, I edited the posts. I also edited more than one to my recollection, reflecting a variety of 'slurs.'

2. On a non-mod related note, OldSchool, while I agree with the sentiment that "words are words" and to some extent we shouldn't care - you're not following that to its logical conclusion. Cooper uses the "N" word - and you say "this is free speech get over it, why should he be punished?". But in reality, would you say the same about someone who used anti-semitic language or veiled references to Nazism? Would we be okay with players using "just words" about Jews? Women? Disabled persons? Politically, Cooper has every right to use whatever words he wants. His employer has equal right to tell him that so long as he represents them, he's going to follow their code of conduct.

the Jew thingwould be mine ,but in my defense I stated to cravn that I was tryin to be like one his boys using that terminology. I'm not saying cravn is like that because since I've known himn he has been nothing but a gentleman to me on other sites, and welcomed me here with a womans opinion and defended the fact that

(in my best Louis CK)

"maybe just maybe"

I do know a little about football even if i'm a fan of the rival

BUTT

as I see it

THE BEST FUCKING RIVAL IN FOOTBALL TODAY!!!!!!!

CAN I GET AN AMEN, CHAMPS??

as a guest in your house i'll try to behave and cordial but as a guest and (maybe just maybe) friend I will have to point out your other guest who are

well

DICKS

Ok, how about I say your mother is a 2 bit white trash Ho....Does that qualify as a slur to an illiterate moron like you ????

Probably not, you would probably write it on a Mother's Day card and think you were complimenting her.....

Ba Duh, wat dat he say.

I agree, as I just posted, he violated his employer's rules, not the state or government.....And yes, it's just as big a slur to call a Mexican a spic or a Chinese a chink....I don't agree with the hoopla surrounding the now called N word....That's special attention to one ethnic group only and is absurd to me...

Thank God football is here.....Something better to talk about....

Ok, how about I say your mother is a 2 bit white trash Ho....Does that qualify as a slur to an illiterate moron like you ????

Probably not, you would probably write it on a Mother's Day card and think you were complimenting her.....

Ba Duh, wat dat he say.

I guess I would have to ask you first whether I should be offended or not. Whether its actually offensive or if I would just be using it as a crutch. After all you seem to be the decider.

Please go back to feigning offense that honky was used here......

I agree, as I just posted, he violated his employer's rules, not the state or government.....And yes, it's just as big a slur to call a Mexican a spic or a Chinese a chink....I don't agree with the hoopla surrounding the now called N word....That's special attention to one ethnic group only and is absurd to me...

Thank God football is here.....Something better to talk about....

Right, the hoopla about EPSN the Magazine cover with Jeremy Lin didn't exist. Or, the lyric in Michael Jackson's song They Don't Really Care About Us didn't cause any commotion. It's just black people making a fuss. Got it.

Right, the hoopla about EPSN the Magazine cover with Jeremy Lin didn't exist. Or, the lyric in Michael Jackson's song They Don't Really Care About Us didn't cause any commotion. It's just black people making a fuss. Got it.

No, only weak intimidated black people and others that want their support for something, is the overwhelming majority of the throw a tantrum til I get my way generation...

Words are just words, they don't define who or what you are, your actions and reactions do that very plainly....

Like I said, just the black folk. I'll try not to step out of line and disobey the Gospel of You.

You got it totally wrong , it's nothing personal, it's just my opinion and I never counted you in that crowd....

It's a touchy subject and I know better than to get too involved in it, it just amazes me, the magnitude of just a word. that's all...

I'm done talking about it now....Back to football for me ,,

Goooo Ravens !!!!

OldSchool... you still haven't addressed my question...

Just a word? Just like a swastika is just a symbol?

You don't think there are/should be/would be repercussions for similar situations involving anti-Semitisim?

And don't make any of it generational. That's absurd. People of all generations are equally upset about such uses and have been for quite some time.

So we leave it at this: is the "hoopla" worth it or not? I don't know that's for the organization to decide. The Eagles or any team could decide that they don't care about speech and character, only about wins. That's fine. But so long as they are a commercial entity, selling to a public, they might want to consider their public relations and appearance. And it comes down to this: should the team or the league condone or allow or tolerate such behavior? Most people say no.

OldSchool... you still haven't addressed my question...

Just a word? Just like a swastika is just a symbol?

You don't think there are/should be/would be repercussions for similar situations involving anti-Semitisim?

And don't make any of it generational. That's absurd. People of all generations are equally upset about such uses and have been for quite some time.

So we leave it at this: is the "hoopla" worth it or not? I don't know that's for the organization to decide. The Eagles or any team could decide that they don't care about speech and character, only about wins. That's fine. But so long as they are a commercial entity, selling to a public, they might want to consider their public relations and appearance. And it comes down to this: should the team or the league condone or allow or tolerate such behavior? Most people say no.

You can't seriously be equating a name calling incident with the cold blooded torture and murdering of 6 million jews...

That's beyond absurd, it's preposterous....

And public relations, please !!...Philly already has a criminal dog murderer at qb, funny that no black people are calling for his job, gee I wonder why....duh...

Do you think all the dog lovers have forgotten and forgiven him, ala, public relations....

Babe Ruth had an awful rep and many didn't like him as a person, but we all consider him one of the greatest ever.

I'll say it again, when it comes right down to it, it's just another word among many that is used to insult someone...

You can continue to bat this around if you like, but you can't change the truth....Honkey, N word, spic, chink etc., are all in the same category, no matter if one affects you or me a little more than the others....

I'm not saying name-calling and killing are the same, you dope. Are you that thick?

I'm saying that name-calling the n-word is just like name-calling in an anti-semitic way. You don't think slavery and the genocides associated resulted in the killing of 6million people?

I'm saying that if you would expect a team to punish someone for being anti-semitic in their language, or anti-gay or anti-woman or anything... why don't you expect them to be similarly anti-racist? The word has meaning and history. To use it invokes that meaning and history. To invoke that meaning and history is, by our moral standards as a society, inappropriate. How hard is that to follow?

As for Vick - did the guy not get his punishment?

Lastly, I have never said any of the words are acceptable. I would expect some outrage and punishment if a player was calling a teammate or anyone 'spic' or honkey too.

Please, try to keep up.