ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Riley Cooper

Geronimo

So white players call black players the n word all the time on the football field , i don't think so, if that was the case then why did the eagles fine him for saying it at a concert, why did he apologize to his teammates. Players are mic'd up all the time and it's never been an issue until a player was caught saying it at a concert, now he might not get cheap shotted but it won't be because it happens all the time on the field.

many players and former players are weighing in on it and not one of them has made mention to the n-word being said on the field. if it is being said(which i don't believe ) then in his defense why wouldn't Cooper make mention of that." Like hey, white players call black players the n-word all the time on the field. why is it such an issue now that i said it at a concert". So, Robjr, you're saying that you believe white players call black players the n-word all the time on the field? and you also believe that the NFL is aware that this happens all the time on the field and choose to keep it quiet. and you're also saying that every black player in the history of the NFL has chosen not to say anything about it.

I've been listening to ESPN all day. Apparently, players of all races call each other that word in the locker room, according to one player that called in to Colin Cowherd this morning. I've also heard some many years ago that a number of dirty things are said at the bottom of piles during the game.

So Dee are you saying that it's some unwritten NFL rule that white players are allowed to call black players the n-word just as long as it's said in the locker room and on the field , but if that same white player says it outside of the locker room and off of the field then it's a problem. and that player has to go to counseling and get fined , and publicly apologize.

I'm just telling you what a player who called into the show said. I personally don't like the word said by anyone. But, lets say players find it acceptable to use the word in a social setting. Right or wrong. How he used it, was with malice in his heart (correct usage :)).

I don't want to get into a defence of someone who uses racial slurs. However, how many of us have used language in the heat of an argument that we neither mean and/or regret afterwards.

I could be wrong and Riley is a racist scumbag that needs his ass kicked and an example made of him showing that this behavior is unacceptable.

I'm not saying Cooper is anything and Ravenmad has a point, when you arguing some people will say whatever they think will hurt the other persons feelings whether is a racial slur , a homophobic slur or whatever. But i think that if Cooper stays on the team at some point this year someone will take matters into there own hands (waterboy style). Football is still a physical sport and i could see a bounty style hit being put out on him. with the guy that puts him out the game having his fine paid for by a bunch of other players.

Well he has apologized. As just need to live and learn. Move on!

Are you kidding me??? the way they hung Paula Dean out to dry from something she said 4o years ago? Riley will carry this around with him forever, Wait til he goes to other stadiums and the two biggest cheerleaders Al & Jesse are there with their pep rallys.

White or black...whoever uses that word should be disciplined.

It is not ok to use by anyone to anyone.

Why isn't it ok for a black person to say it to another black person? i hope your answer isn't because a white person can't say it to a black person.

Curse words, in general, are both cheap and lazy. The English language is a wonderful thing and there are so many ways to express one's opinion without resulting to using words that are hate-based words. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. How, when, and why you use the word is your business.

But if he called you a mewling quim, you'd have to give him points for creativity.

hell yes!! LOL

he could tell me see you next Tuesday and i'd give him a nod.

of course it all depends on the nature it's being said

because i'm very easy going and I know when a gesture is hurtful ,polite or a joke

in the words of bobby

THAT'S MY PEROGATIVE