ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

What I'm looking from tonight's game

Robjr83

Hey Guys,

Long waits over and we finally get to the Ravens back on the field. Here's what I'm looking for tonight.

#2 TE: I think Dicksons out. It will give us a good look at where we stand. This may be our weakest spot with Pitta out.

#2-3WR Spot: Lots of ppl fighting for those spots.

#1ILB: I guess Smith gets the start. Is Brown playing?

I don't think Elam will play too long given its just the 1st preseason game but I'd like to see what he can do.

How will the Dline play? I'm excited to see BWilliams

Any other thoughts?

• Upvote 1

Rob, I'm just excited to see our uni's on the field and moving....lol

I don't think the #1's will play much tonite, maybe 4 or 5 plays to 1 qtr...

I am looking to see this D-LINE in action ,more than anything else, I know the O will be there when it's time.

Not a fan of pre-season games for obvious reasons, but I do believe we're gonna be a bad bunch of birds this yr.

REPEAT !!!!

I don't think anybody is huge into the preseason. Especially the 4th quarter were you dont recognize any names. I'm looking at Thompson, Furstenburg, Juice, Simon, Bynes and a couple others. Being 2nd team guys i think we'll see a lot of them.

• Upvote 1

I just want to really watch our 2cnd and 3rd stringers up close and personal. I want to see what they can do. Who makes it and who doesn't. I agree with OS, Flacco and Co. should see at least one full series.

• Upvote 1

I just want Taylor and Hanie to play well enough for us to get an honest look at the WRs. If I have to watch Taylor run all over the field for 2 quarters, I'm going to freaking scream. We all know Taylor can run.

Taylor swift

You know...while we are on the topic of Taylor...why the hell is he our backup? If Joe goes down (god forbid) we would need to change our entire offensive philosophy with Taylor. I know we ended up not needing him, but I felt very comfortable with Bulger as our backup. I just feel like we need someone who is a better fit. It's not like Taylor is a special player. It just doesn't make sense to me.

I just want Taylor and Hanie to play well enough for us to get an honest look at the WRs. If I have to watch Taylor run all over the field for 2 quarters, I'm going to freaking scream. We all know Taylor can run.

Amen!

Darryl Smith is standing out in camp.

I want to see Brandon Williams, Canty, Dumervil, Omar Brown (31), Brown, (59), the receiver battle, center battle...hell...I want to see it all. :gorave:

I love watching everybody and trying to see "who wants it more". Who will be the next undrafted rookie to show he belongs and is a playmaker. There are 2-3 on this roster at the moment.

We all know this is basically a scrimmage to evaluate players. It's not really a game. Based on the past, we will not see a hint of the Ravens offense and defense until opening day.

So WTF are they going to do?

Block, tackle, throw, catch, run.

You know...while we are on the topic of Taylor...why the hell is he our backup? If Joe goes down (god forbid) we would need to change our entire offensive philosophy with Taylor. I know we ended up not needing him, but I felt very comfortable with Bulger as our backup. I just feel like we need someone who is a better fit. It's not like Taylor is a special player. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Hey Money, I agree with you and have been saying this for the last 2 years. I'd really like to see us get a better #2 who preferably is a pocket passer. Taylor would make a decent #3.

Right! I've seen enough of that in the past. The reserves on the OL have to hold up.

I thought Painter outplayed him last season. He also came from Calds system. I think we cut him due to Cam.

He did outplay him, but I don't think it was Cam who kept TT here....He doesn't fit at all into his system...TT is Ozzies pet, no one elses....

Hanie is no better but he is more of a pocket passer and would probably do better in the long run if he had to take over...

I have no confidence in either one to produce a winning season if called upon, tho....

Gooooo Ravens.....REPEAT !!!!

Hey Guys,

Long waits over and we finally get to the Ravens back on the field. Here's what I'm looking for tonight.

#2 TE: I think Dicksons out. It will give us a good look at where we stand. This may be our weakest spot with Pitta out.

#2-3WR Spot: Lots of ppl fighting for those spots.

#1ILB: I guess Smith gets the start. Is Brown playing?

I don't think Elam will play too long given its just the 1st preseason game but I'd like to see what he can do.

How will the Dline play? I'm excited to see BWilliams

Any other thoughts?

1) Didn't see alot of the TE position. VS was okay I guess

2) Only Williams and Mellette had stand out games... Worried about Jones as our #2

3) DSmith was a great pickup... way better option the RMcClain was

4) So Elam alot in the second half...saw him on a couple hits

5) First team DLine looked real hungry. Suggs looking like the leader

1) Didn't see alot of the TE position. VS was okay I guess

2) Only Williams and Mellette had stand out games... Worried about Jones as our #2

3) DSmith was a great pickup... way better option the RMcClain was

4) So Elam alot in the second half...saw him on a couple hits

5) First team DLine looked real hungry. Suggs looking like the leader

I think we will see the TE position working better when Joe works with them in preseason a little more.

Tyrod doesn't place his throws like Joe does and it makes it harder to catch....Shank dropped a few that he had to reach back for, if on the money, he could have made big plays....

Wasn't impressed with Juice as FB at all, maybe he would be better as TE....

L. Williams, was the dog last nite, that boy has arrived !!

Smith did a great job, totally agree....Didn't see Suggs boy Bynes out there, did you ?

Elam looked really strong but too soon to evaluate....He'll be fine...

Anyway, Gitty Up Ravens, " it's on" brother !!

REPEAT !!!!

Juice made a good ST tackle. He'll have to learn leverage, a year under Leach will do good. Smith looked like a vet leader out there setting the defense. Bynes was out there, didn't make a whole lot of noise. Hall looked good in the second half. It'll be interesting to see if Williams and Mellette get a bump from this game.

1) Wasn't happy to see Jacoby drop one and he didn't catch any either.

2) Didn't see Doss do anything either.

3) LaQuann was a bright spot.

4) Juscykkkzt can't block. That I noticed. He does seem to tackle well,

5) Defense with Smith was impressive and Dumerville and Suggs got good pressure.

I don't want to pick on Jacoby because he's a proven talent as a number 3 receiver and there's plenty of preseason left. But he didn't show me anything at all yesterday as a number 2. And then I read this quote about him from the Ravens website:

The two Jones targets ended in disappointment. The first was intercepted, and Jones deserved “at least half the blame” for it, tweeted The Baltimore Sun’s Matt Vensel. “[it was a] decent ball by Joe, but Jacoby has to come back to the ball there,” he added. The second was a short pass in the middle of the field on third-and-2, where Boldin excels, but the ball clanked off Jones’ hands with tight coverage.

He started and had at least one tackle that I remember. I doubt he played much.

I missed the first 10 minutes, that must have been when he was in...That D looked really good, other than a few missed tackles....Once they all get on the same page, it's gonna be lights out....no pun intended....lol

Ravens Proud.....REPEAT !!!!