ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ya worried about Monday Night

cravnravn

Not so much

The only thing I am worried about is the playoff outlook

Even if they beat the Browns, Packers, Lions, Bears, and Raiders, they can't lose more than 2 more games against the Colts and Steelersx2. 10-6 might not get in, but it might be their best hope. Maybe 11-5 does, but enough pondering for now.

I am not worried about Monday night at all. We are not a bad team as most make us out to be, all of our loses have been to playoff calibur teams. We do not play down to the level of our competition, I am fully expecting an ass whipping on Monday night for the Brownies.

I disagree, seems there has been more love to this Ravens team, surely this offense is talented and has to do a lot with it.

From Eisenberg, Ravens com: I believe a majority of NFL observers believe the Ravens are better than their record. They’re ranked No. 11, ahead of four teams with winning records, in this week’s Fox Sports power rankings. (The Jaguars, also at 4-4, are ranked No. 25.) And at No. 14 in the ESPN rankings, they’re the highest-ranked non-winning team.

Well I hate this kind of game, when it is surely only a win/win game for the Browns, even how much we win, it will be the Browns who is bad, if we win by a TD or less, we are both bad and if we lose.. season over. This Browns team had a pretty good game against Bengals, they even had more yards, now it is their season, and if we are forgetting that it is the same scenario for us, we migth lose.

I disagree, seems there has been more love to this Ravens team, surely this offense is talented and has to do a lot with it.

From Eisenberg, Ravens com: I believe a majority of NFL observers believe the Ravens are better than their record. They’re ranked No. 11, ahead of four teams with winning records, in this week’s Fox Sports power rankings. (The Jaguars, also at 4-4, are ranked No. 25.) And at No. 14 in the ESPN rankings, they’re the highest-ranked non-winning team.

I meant from our fans' perspective. Go on any Ravens message board and you would guess that we were 2-6.

I pretty much disagree with everyone, this is not a trap game by any means. The team knows we have to win out in order to make the playoffs. Last time we played the Browns we got pressure easily, shutdown the run, and forced turnovers. Like I said, we don't play down to the level of our competition. Why is it that we were able to dominate the Broncos and then get dominated by the Bengals. In my opinion it was not effort, but that the Bengals are the superior team to the Broncos. The Bengals have a superior run game, a superior passing game, and were more physical on defense against us. The Bengals are also better in blitz pickup. In comparison, the Browns struggle to run the ball and pick up the blitz. We should dominate this game just like the first matchup, and just like the Broncos game.

We'll win, and most likely look good doing it.

But as good as we'll look this week, we'll look as bad the following week against Peyton.

You never know...we had trouble with the Colts when our Defense was playing well - wouldn't it be ironic if this group of under-performers shut down Peyton and co?

As for the Browns game - I was a little worried when there was a chance that Derrick Anderson would start. I know he's had an abysmal season but between him and Quinn, I think he had the best chance of moving the ball on us

"No worries!"

pic13.jpg

...but I bet Lerner and Mangini are sweating bullitts over the threat of the fan protest on national TV.

Now...if I'm Harbaugh I tell the team to look in the stands and note that this is where you end up if you under perform and get cut.

adrian-peterson_1.png

Edited by vmax

Guest BallTMore
You never know...we had trouble with the Colts when our Defense was playing well - wouldn't it be ironic if this group of under-performers shut down Peyton and co?

That thought popped into my head too. Foxworth and Fabian with 2 picks each. lol.

Honestly though, I don't even want to analyze the Colts game. I may just treat it as a bye week. :lol:

How many years have we said: Ok, we should be able to run/pass/flea-flick/ on them which will give us a good chance to win. What ends up happening? The Colts offense, defense and special teams unit turn into the most dominating team of all time and thoroughly kick our ass. The Ravens poor play usually ends up cementing Peyton, Clark, Wayne, Freeney, and Mathis' spots on the pro-bowl team.

Maybe a miracle happens and the Ravens show uo tough against the Colts like they did against the Pats in their undefeated run. Colts are undefeated so the Ravens might play above their heads to make a statement.

The Colts have been in tight games lately...they only put up 18 vs the 49'ers...20 vs the Texans.

As much as my rational mind tells me to give up hope, the homer in me says "you never know..any given Sunday...yada, yada, yada." :)

I completely agree with this statement. We do not play down to the level of our competition, but we have problems playing up.

We do play down to our competition, look at KC, top 3 worst team in the NFL, yet the game was a hell of alot closer than the score indicated. The first Bengal game, we left points on the field, not taking anything away from them nut, for as well as they run stop they are that bad in pass D. They doubled Mason the entire game, we should have lit them up..

We need to find the team that played Cleveland & Denver, we know they are there somewhere. Because if we come out Monday and we beat them 12-10, yeah its in the W column but morally it will be a loss and leave doubt going into our showdown with the Colts.

I completely agree with this statement. We do not play down to the level of our competition, but we have problems playing up.

We need to find the team that played Cleveland & Denver, we know they are there somewhere. Because if we come out Monday and we beat them 12-10, yeah its in the W column but morally it will be a loss and leave doubt going into our showdown with the Colts.

A 12-10 win and it's time to rebuild.

We do play down to our competition, look at KC, top 3 worst team in the NFL, yet the game was a hell of alot closer than the score indicated. The first Bengal game, we left points on the field, not taking anything away from them nut, for as well as they run stop they are that bad in pass D. They doubled Mason the entire game, we should have lit them up..

I already explained this. The team that beat Cleveland and Denver did show up against Cincy, the bottom line was Cincy was a much superior team to the teams we beat. That KC game, common Crav, even you would admit there were a couple of fluke plays. The fact for the game is that we closed the door with authority. The bottom line is that we have never lost to a below .500 team under Harbaugh. Monday is going to be a *** I'm stupid for thinking this game is easy ***. Yeah, I said it.

Maybe 12-10 is what this team really needs. And then we really have our favorite roll.. The underdog and at home vs Indy and pistburgh.

Maybe a miracle happens and the Ravens show uo tough against the Colts like they did against the Pats in their undefeated run. Colts are undefeated so the Ravens might play above their heads to make a statement. The Colts have been in tight games lately...they only put up 18 vs the 49'ers...20 vs the Texans. As much as my rational mind tells me to give up hope, the homer in me says "you never know..any given Sunday...yada, yada, yada." :)

Hopefully they beat the Pats, because an 8-1 Colts team will be more relaxed

I already explained this. The team that beat Cleveland and Denver did show up against Cincy, the bottom line was Cincy was a much superior team to the teams we beat

WHAT??? Its the same old fucking Bungles..We let them off BOTH times, they wernt superior to us...Bullshit...