ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

I've seen enough of....

Oldschool739

Costillo and Caldwell to know that Costillo's line blocking scheme does not fit Rice's skill set and pretty much destroys the run game....

And Caldwell is more predictable than Jim Fassel, no ingenuity at all....

I am a homer for sure, but this Offense is being stifled by those 2, and even though we are loaded with talent, those 2 buffoons are not smart enough to use them right.

Ravens to the House....I hope !!!!

Yeah, I keep hearing that the Raven offense i still trying "to find their identity". I respectfully disagree. They simply lack the talent. Ray Rice is also hurting us with his non-productivity. You HAVE to have a running game.

Tornado - but is the lack of a running game on the guy who's been a fantastic runner for his entire career... or on a coaching staff, namely Castillo in my mind, who can't get the OL to block and doesn't understand the basics of a productive running game?

I don't blame Rice or Pierce for the lack of a running game, not when the opposing defenfenders are already in their face by the time they get the handoff. I don't know if Castillo is to blame because it really looks like the guys are just not executing. I do know Castillo has had ample time to fix the issues and hasn't done it, so he is definitely not a part of the solution. Some changes need to be made. Cut ties with Castillo, put Shipley in for Gradkowski...something. We've tried this for 6 weeks and the running game has only worked once.

Ray Rice SUCKS, get him out of there

Can anyone make sense of 4 run plays from inside the 10 yrd line up the middle on one of the best run D's in the league ?

After already being stopped 3 straight, throw away 3 points with more of the same....

I'm calling for Caldy and Costillo's head, They both suck, and Harbs was disappointing with that stupid stunt...It cost us the game....

We could have and should have won that game and they threw it away, irritating to watch...

Now I got to yell at the wife, punish the kids and kick the dog, all because of them...

lol...just kidding.

Coaches to the Wood Shed !!!!

I don't know why you keep calling for Caldwell's head. We didn't have these problems last season when his plays took us to the SB. The difference is Castillo and Gradkowski.

I agree.

I'll add a few excuses to this too: Osemelle's back is affecting his performance and Yanda is not up to strength due to recovering from off season surgery so physically he does not have the punch and strength that he has when he's 100%. Monroe is new. I think Osemelee and Yanda over compensate for Gradkowski.

But.....I don't like this Castillo guy. Harbaugh went to the Eagles well one too many times.

I seen # 60 on the ground more then a few times, on the goal line I thought he was a fish just down there flopping around. It is easy to point the finger at Gradkowski but the the whole line isn't playing good. Was Birk that good that he also helped out both guards?

And you can also point at Joe. I seen 3 guys playing over top of Smith, then a few times we come out 2 wide and they play single but Joe still runs the ball. That is 9 in the box.

Andy Moeller is the offensive line coach.

I am not sure what a run game coordinator

I'm not sure wshat run game coordinator is rm52 but the Ravens could run and run block before he came here and got that position.

If you can't do that then you can't win in the NFL.

I don't like Moeller either...can him too.

Maybe it's too many coaches here and the communication is for shit or they are working at cross purposes.

Edited by vmax

I don't know why you keep calling for Caldwell's head. We didn't have these problems last season when his plays took us to the SB. The difference is Castillo and Gradkowski.

Because last yr he called like 3 season games and they were Cam's plays and this yr it's his plays and they clearly suck, that's why...

He's never been a successful OC, actually he was a qb coach, and Dungy set it up for him to get the HC when he retired.

Tom Moore is the man who created Peyton and Caldy rode on PM's experience....The man is terribly predictable and limited in his ability as OC at this level....That's just my opinion but it has substance....Castillo is just a total bum, he cost Andy his job in Philly and look how good he's doing without him in KC...

Tornado - but is the lack of a running game on the guy who's been a fantastic runner for his entire career... or on a coaching staff, namely Castillo in my mind, who can't get the OL to block and doesn't understand the basics of a productive running game?

The answer is I don't really know. I think it's a combination of poor blocking technique and poor running. Ray just looks like he is lost and doesn't have it so far. He's much better than he is showing. Both problems need to be fixed now. Can they? Absolutely.

Because last yr he called like 3 season games and they were Cam's plays and this yr it's his plays and they clearly suck, that's why...

He's never been a successful OC, actually he was a qb coach, and Dungy set it up for him to get the HC when he retired.

Tom Moore is the man who created Peyton and Caldy rode on PM's experience....The man is terribly predictable and limited in his ability as OC at this level....That's just my opinion but it has substance....Castillo is just a total bum, he cost Andy his job in Philly and look how good he's doing without him in KC...

#1, It was 6 games including the postseason stretch where Flacco threw 11 TDs and no picks.

#2 If Cams plays were so good why did we suck so bad with Cam calling them?

#1, It was 6 games including the postseason stretch where Flacco threw 11 TDs and no picks.

#2 If Cams plays were so good why did we suck so bad with Cam calling them?

Cam was too stubborn to call the plays that best fit his personnel. There was an interesting chart that came out during the offseason that showed route combinations under Cam versus Caldwell and it was night and day the way Caldy used the middle of the field with his possession guys (Pitta, Boldin and Ray Rice) compared to all the outside stuff under Cam. That was the biggest difference, fitting your personnel properly into your schemes.

This season, Joe has lost the middle of the field with the loss of Pitta and Boldin and the stuggles of their replacements. The O-Line has also made it harder to get anything going.

Cam is actually a good OC but sometimes he just needs to get out of his own way. He is doing a really nice job at LSU but then he did a really nice job here for his first 2 seasons so.....

The difference is what we heard they changed in the 4th qtr yesterday. Supposedly "zone blocking" schemes that aren't working we / are being used and when they changed back to power running and pulling guards like we always do in the 4th qtr we began to run.

I wasn't able to watch the game yesterday as I was driving all day but on Sirius radio Quadry and Stan White were going nuts about this. Its not ray Rices fault when he best hit in the backfield. I head it over and over and over yesterday "Ray Rice" hit 3 yes deep Bernard Pierce hit 3 yes deep in the backfield....its pathetic.

Our team can't run but we have all the same pieces except for Gradkowski who was dominated I agree but its all not his fault.. when we run to the right or left its all veterans and we aint moving the ball. Its the schemes they aren't working at all. Ray Rice and B Pierce can run the ball but they can't when hit in the backfield or are slow to the holes its hard to watch. If we don't straighten it out we are about to get our clocks cleaned.

Every first half was bad except the Houston game.

Exactly T, and doesn't that come down to game planning, schemes, and adjustments for the game at hand ?

Coaches, coaches coaches......I don't blame any player, it's up to the coaches to plan according to our strengths and their weaknesses, plain and simple...

These guys can love on Caldy all they want, but by his own admission he was using Cams plays last yr and it's clear to see he's going a different direction with his own now....So the proof is in the pudding, I hope I'm wrong and he becomes the next big thing but I don't see it in him...Mediocre at best.

Goooo Ravens.....it's Pitt week !!!!