ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Halloween and the Bye Week

GrubberRaven

As evidenced by my new avatar, I like the Halloween season. Hell, I like this whole holiday season. Live for it. Fall rules and the Christmas season signs it all off.

At any rate, with Halloween next week and the bye week upon us...let's stop festering on the identity of the Ravens and share some crazy stories. Anybody got one? Two? I always like a good scary read,

When I was a kid I use to love to read the Scary Stories to tell in the dark books. It was a collection of 1-3 page scary stories. It was meant for an adolescent audience so the stories weren't too scary but the artwork was crazy. This is one of the stories from the book called "The Bride".

The Bride

By Alvin Schwartz

“A young couple got married and, after the wedding, they held a reception in the bride’s grandmother’s house. All their family and friends arrived and they laughed, danced and sang, long into the night.

After the wedding reception, the guests decided to play a game of hide and seek. The groom covered his eyes and began counting to a hundred while his new bride and the other guests ran out of the room, looking for somewhere to hide.

Eventually, the groom had found everyone except his beautiful bride. The other guests began calling out her name and searched everywhere for the young woman. They began to grow more and more uneasy when they couldn’t find any trace of her.

Eventually they gave up searching and everybody assumed that the girl had run away and left her husband. As the weeks went by, the husband accepted that his beautiful bride must have had second thoughts about their marriage. He decided to forget about her and go on with his life.

A few years later, a cleaning lady was dusting in the attic when she came across an old trunk. Out of curiosity she opened it. Inside the trunk, she found the rotting corpse of a young woman, still dressed in a bridal gown. There was a wedding ring on one bony finger. It was the missing bride. She must have hidden in the trunk and accidentally locked herself inside. It was impossible to tell whether she had suffocated or starved to death, but her face was frozen in a silent scream.”

halloween.jpg?1320079345

• Upvote 1

Some movies that I like for Halloween:

Night of the Living Dead (original)

Carnival of Souls...real freaky

Halloween 1 and 2...Michael Meyers is pure evil.

Evil Dead 2...great flick

Army of Darkness...not too bad.

Bride of Frankenstein...love it...classic...at the end Frankenstein rips a cops arm off and beats him to death with it...

I think it's called Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein...the one where they have the Wolfman, Frankenstein and Draccula...I think it's just funny.

• Upvote 1

As evidenced by my new avatar, I like the Halloween season. Hell, I like this whole holiday season. Live for it. Fall rules and the Christmas season signs it all off.

At any rate, with Halloween next week and the bye week upon us...let's stop festering on the identity of the Ravens and share some crazy stories. Anybody got one? Two? I always like a good scary read,

your avatar reminds me of CRAVN IN THE CLUB back in 70's 80's

Fail, this was me in the 70's Hair included

Leisure%2BSuit.jpg

I still have a handful of those butterfly collar polyester shirts

very cool designs and cool to wear

but not cool to wear definite winter shirt for me

Love Halloween, hate the scary stories..If that makes any sense

Nope. What do you mean?

I found this great site with two sentence stories. Really well done. I feel like horror these days can't be done without gore, and that gets frustrating.

I was never into scary movies when I was younger, I would go into my bedroom when Dracula came on, My mom and sis still tease me about it, alfred hitchcock movie..I WAS GonE, outta there..

Even dressing up as a youngster, I was usually a clown, or hobo..I won first prize dressing up as The Tin Man, I made an awesome costume

But one thing I realized was how much I missed trick or treaters..Our 12 years in PA, trick or treating wasnt allowed, our homes were too far spread out and there were no lights or sidewalks..If you wanted to give out candy there was a designated time you were to be at the Fire Station, and kids would parade up and down Main St..

Last year living in this community, and all the candy we went trough, made me miss the good old days...

Cant wait for next week..

• Upvote 1

But one thing I realized was how much I missed trick or treaters..Our 12 years in PA, trick or treating wasnt allowed, our homes were too far spread out and there were no lights or sidewalks..If you wanted to give out candy there was a designated time you were to be at the Fire Station, and kids would parade up and down Main St..

Last year living in this community, and all the candy we went trough, made me miss the good old days...

Cant wait for next week..

Wait till the little bastards egg your house. :bleh:

• Upvote 1