ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Huff and Spears gone?

Robjr83

The Ravens waived safety Michael Huff & defensive end Marcus Spears today. Safeties Omar Brown & Brynden Trawick were signed from the practice squad to the active roster. A WR & QB were also signed to the p-squad today.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Waive-Veterans-Michael-Huff-Marcus-Spears/64e7d4d4-d229-43d9-b4f0-8343df659c3a?mobile-id=775423&media-type=N

Sorry it was Spears not Canty

I didn't see this move coming.

I tend to think Trawick will be back on the practice squad when Asa Jackson is eligible to return.

Agreed.

Asa is eligible next week. He had an 8 game suspension. I hope they keep that idiot Trawick away from JJ...lol

It is called inexperience. He has had several weeks on the PS. I would think he has learned a thing or two.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/30/ravens-release-michael-huff-marcus-spears/

Because they were cut after the trade deadline, they’ll pass through waivers. Which means that, if they are claimed, the Ravens will be off the hook for termination pay.

The move also suggests that the Ravens possibly were trying to trade either or both players before Tuesday’s deadline.

Sad ...a couple months ago these guys were supposed to be the new face of the defense. I didn't see this move coming. I guess Harbs is saying sub par performance wont be tolerated.

Huff hasn't done anything right for us since he's been here, nice guy but his day in the sun is clearly gone, so no surprise there for me.

And Spears was hurt right off the bat and the rookie Williams has been out playing him...

But I think the biggest reason for this move is, we need ST's aces more than those sub par stop gap players, so Harbs made the move.

Now get us Oline help and we'll be alright.

Huff was the most surprising (to me) and disappointing of all the changes that were made. He's been so bad I can't believe it. It's like something happened to the guy we don't know about.

Spears is disappointing too but isn't he still injured?

Huff was the most surprising (to me) and disappointing of all the changes that were made. He's been so bad I can't believe it. It's like something happened to the guy we don't know about.

Spears is disappointing too but isn't he still injured?

Spears played some in the Pitts game but obviously is still injured, another class guy but it just ain't there anymore.

I was happy when we signed Huff because of how he played in Oakland but I was astounded at how bad he's played here...

I still have nightmares about how bad Huff was in that Denver game. He was the definition of "does not play like a Raven". Still these cuts are a shock to me. Harbs is really aggressive when it comes to making special teams moves...I guess because he's in his comfort zone there.

Huff wasn't as good in Oakland as we wanted to think he was. He's not the hard-hitting guy you want him to be, and he's not a good enough cover guy to make up for that loss. Just doesn't fit into our defense.

Spears will be back when he's healthy, I bet.

I thought Huff was pretty good in Oakland a few yrs ago, no Ed Reed of course but above average for sure.

Looks like that time is gone for him now though.

You may be right about Spears if he can get healthy in a hurry, but it's unlikely he's coming back here unless Williams begins to tank.

Spears played some in the Pitts game but obviously is still injured, another class guy but it just ain't there anymore.

I was happy when we signed Huff because of how he played in Oakland but I was astounded at how bad he's played here...

Spears could still wind up here if he can just heal. It's hard at his age.

Huff just imploded. I have no idea why.