ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Hines Ward is a douche...

thundercleetz

Did anyone hear his pre-game interview on NBC? He left his QB out to dry essentially calling him a wuss. In summary he said he does not understand why Ben practiced all week and then didn't play. Hines also said the locker room is "50-50" on the concussion issue and basically said Ben should have just played. Hines of course, said he would have played. Here is part of what Hines said in addition to the interview after the game:

Interesting subplots are also starting to develop within the locker room as frustrations mount.

For instance, veteran receiver Hines Ward, the heart and soul of the Steelers, did not hide the fact that he was very disappointed starting quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (concussion) didn't play Sunday night. Roethlisberger practiced all week but a decision was made not to play at the last minute, putting the Steelers in a tough spot with former third-stringer Dennis Dixon, who played well but threw a crucial interception in overtime that led to the winning score.

"This is the biggest game of the year," Ward said bluntly. "Me being a competitor, I just wished we had all our weapons out there."

What an ass-hole! I don't care what you think, you never put down your QB like that. Not only that, but nice confidence in your back-up QB. Ben has had four concussions in the last four years, this is not something to play with. How would you like it Hines if you one day woke up and couldn't remember your children's names. Is being a "competitor" really worth it then? This is why the issue of concussions should be in the hands of the players and purely in the hands of the doctors.

That's the way Ward is. He has this complex where he feels like he never gets enough respect, so he has to make everything about him. A couple of years ago, Roethlisberger said semi-jokingly that he would push for the Steelers to draft a tall receiver and Ward completely overreacted to it.

At any rate - I am not outraged by this - I rather like it. I hope it divides that locker room but I doubt Tomlin will let it.

yeah I heard today on the radio that Ben is known as a total drama queen hypochondriac in the local market and amongst fans! I didn't know that; always thought the media overemphasized his toughness. Oj well, I hope it divides that locker room too :)

Ben has a history and a reputation of exaggerating or making up injuries, especially before national games. Presumably it's to look more like a tough guy to the big audiences. A lot of the local radio personalities and fans have criticized him in the past for it. I remember last year he got laid out in a game, was carted off the field, and there was a big debate about whether he stayed on the ground just for the attention.

BTW, I loved the mean streak I saw out of our players last night. We were not going to take any crap from them. JJ planted Ward in the turf on a screen pass and stood over him. And did anyone see Harrison get shoved to the ground twice? Oher shoved him to the ground near a pile, then he got up and Rice shoves his ass right back down to the turf. Our guys really came out to play last night.

BTW, I loved the mean streak I saw out of our players last night. We were not going to take any crap from them. JJ planted Ward in the turf on a screen pass and stood over him. And did anyone see Harrison get shoved to the ground twice? Oher shoved him to the ground near a pile, then he got up and Rice shoves his ass right back down to the turf. Our guys really came out to play last night.

Yea but we have to be careful, I thought Rice especially could've been flagged if we had a different crew. Houchili is pretty good - if we had his crew all year we'd probably be 8-3.

Yea but we have to be careful, I thought Rice especially could've been flagged if we had a different crew. Houchili is pretty good - if we had his crew all year we'd probably be 8-3.

Most definately, guarantee if we would have done that in Pittsburgh, the yellow hanky would have flown from the refs pocket..But it was nice to our boys toss Harrison around.