ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

An Opponent's Observation

vmax

Fact....

"What they did, they changed their offense up," Taylor said, per the Cleveland Plain Dealer. "Leach probably had two or three offensive snaps. They're not going to win like that, and we know we could take advantage of them."

Flacco was the Ravens’ leading rusher, garnering 25 of the 55 total running yards on the day.

Taylor backed up teammate Joe Haden’s comment last week that the Ravens aren’t the Ravens of old.

“They’re just not, like Joe said, and I said too, they’re not the same team as they were last year,” Taylor said. “I don’t know what’s going on, but they’re not the same team.”

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-114-Frustrations-Absentees-In-Locker-Room/22d9200f-f800-4768-bf37-987cd3b6cb1b

He's right. in fact, they are not a team. Just a bunch of loose parts floating around....bumping into each other.

The really sad part is that things are just not going to get better this year. Harbs and the players can talk all they want about 'just having to get the job' done but it AIN'T happening. The remaining schedule is tough. We're going to have a losing season.

Apparently, management's strategy for this season hasn't panned out. I'm not saying I disagree with them but I just don't see the passion or the fire that used to be 'Ravens Football'. The team is playing like a shell of it's old self. Elam and Brown, the top two choices, haven't panned out so far. I have yet to see Juice get a real chance. What happened to John Simon? Were we too optimistic about our draft choices? Daryl Smith was a good pickup but the Huff thing was a disaster. I'm not even sure how well Monroe is playing and we gave up two choices for him.

Admittedly, I'm feeling the bitterness of losing to the Browns and the subpar play we've had all season. I am a bit emotional right now. But, it's beginning to look like losing Boldin, Pollard, Lewis, and Reed has taken the toughness out of this team because they weren't replaced by equal value.

I hope Haden & Co realize they were close to being swept by this "not the same team"

Yes something is off kilter with the 2013 Ravens, there is no field leader, Im really shocked that T-Sizz didnt step into that role. We knew Joe wasnt going to be the field leader, hes just too quiet, its not in his demeanor..Look at last year Suggs was a weekly guest on Skip Bayless' show, I dont think hes been heard from one time outside the Baltimore media.

Sadly when Jacoby returned I thought for sure the run game would open, it has gotten worse.

And I'll say it again, We dont know what McKinneys problem was with our coaches, but 2 games with the Fins so far and he looks fantastic.

Yes something is off kilter with the 2013 Ravens, there is no field leader, Im really shocked that T-Sizz didnt step into that role. We knew Joe wasnt going to be the field leader, hes just too quiet, its not in his demeanor..Look at last year Suggs was a weekly guest on Skip Bayless' show, I dont think hes been heard from one time outside the Baltimore media.

Sizzle is a leader, but there are few people that can be a leader the caliber of Ray Lewis. Ray was able to get that extra 10% out of other guys and get them to raise their level of play, especially early in his career.

And I'll say it again, We dont know what McKinneys problem was with our coaches, but 2 games with the Fins so far and he looks fantastic.

McKinney's problem will always be motivation. When he gets bored in Miami he will start whiffing again.