ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Game Time Changed

ForceEight

The Ravens have announced that Sunday's home game against the Bears has been moved from a 1:00 p.m. ET kickoff to a 4:15 p.m. ET starting time.

The team announced the move today, explaining that officials from the City of Baltimore recommended the move, in order to give workers more time to clear snow.

Ravens president Dick Cass said that 700 people will be working at the stadium tonight and tomorrow to assist with the clearing of the snow.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/18/bears-ravens-game-slides-to-415-pm-et/

A 4pm start may help. If this storm is what I hear it will be then my street won't be clear until at least Monday morning....impossible to drive out. The key is to be able to get to a main road. I can walk to one and the plan is to meet my brother there. I really don't want to miss this game. I've got the weather gear to be just fine.

Then there's the parking problem....we park in Pigtown and walk but I imagine the parking places will be deep in snow.

Looks like a bunch of logistics problems to solve to get there...and home...OH!....with the win!

21136935.jpg

Then there's the parking problem....we park in Pigtown and walk but I imagine the parking places will be deep in snow.

The best parking is northeast of the stadium, on the other side of Oriole Park. It's out of your way and you wouldn't usually drive to the wrong side of the stadium, but it might be a better idea tomorrow. Closer to the harbor, it might be better cleared out, too.

Watch nothing happen or just a light dusting

That's what my daughters saying.

Now the 5:30pm weather report says...

Tonight

Snow...mainly after midnight. Snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches. Lows in the upper 20s. East winds 5 to 10 mph...increasing to northeast 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph after midnight. Chance of snow near 100 percent.

Saturday

Snow. Snow may be heavy at times in the afternoon. Additional snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches. Brisk with highs in the lower 30s. North winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent.

Saturday Night

Snow. Snow may be heavy at times in the evening. Additional snow accumulation of 4 to 6 inches. Total snow accumulation 16 to 19 inches. Lows in the upper 20s. North winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/weather/

If the 16-19 inches proves true, I see no way we'll be able to get to the stadium.

they should have a field day versus Cutler in the snow :(

I wouldnt go that far, Cutler is no stranger to the snow. And our DB's are shakey at best, now throw some frozen precip down..At least they'll have theat excuse ready. Pray for wind, that'll force Cutlers hand to run the ball, right into our strength.

The winter storm warning for Baltimore ends 6am on Sunday, which gives them hours to get the field clean. The fans will have to deal with 6-10" of snow on their seats, which only means the Bears will get pounded on the sidelines by snowballs in additions to getting pounded on the field.

LOL Quote of the day

The sun just reported that they Bears flight in was cancelled. They are going to try to fly in later today. Good luck with that!

No way that happens...this is Baltimore....

51172426.jpg

They better get on a bus right now to make it by gametime...

Bears' flight to Baltimore canceled

The Chicago Bears had hoped to get to Baltimore before the snowstorm arrived Friday but the team did not make it before its flight was canceled, according to the team's Web site. The team is scheduled to play the Ravens Sunday at M&T Bank Stadium.

The Web site says the team boarded its charter flight at O'Hare Airport late Friday but sat on the plane for two hours before it was canceled. The team's site says it will attempt to fly to Baltimore late Saturday.

The Ravens moved the originally scheduled 1 p.m. game to 4:15 p.m. Sunday in hopes of having more time to remove snow from the stadium and its parking lots. About 700 workers are staying at the stadium this weekend to remove the snow.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2009/12/bears_flight_to_baltimore_canceled.html

Guest BallTMore

This snow isn't supposed to stop til Sunday am..I bet they move this game to Monday Night.

They better not! We play Pittsburgh next week! Make the Bears forfeit. It's their fault they don't watch weather reports, don't make the Ravens pay for their stupidity.

• Upvote 1

They better not! We play Pittsburgh next week! Make the Bears forfeit. It's their fault they don't watch weather reports, don't make the Ravens pay for their stupidity.

Actually I am hearing that it was mechanical issues on their flight that delayed them. But that being said, they should easily be able to fly in Sunday morning and worst case scenario play on Sunday night IMO.

Unless it keeps them out for even Monday, a forfeit isn't happening.

1921 was the last time a professional football game was forfeited