ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Good Article

oldno82

John Eisenberg hits the nails on the head as usual. I agree with him on most of these points. I just hope we don't wind up having to overpay Monroe because with RT already a problem, Monroe has us over a barrel.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Eisenberg-My-Quick-Take-On-17-Tough-Ravens-Decisions/7714f6d3-11dd-4e8e-88b2-6a99e3682055

I especially agree with his analysis of what we should do in the first round.

I would too that dude won a bunch of games for you. Without him the Ravens don't make the playoffs last year let alone win the Super bowl.

Agreed...on a team that lacks playmakers you can't let him go.

We saw what happened when they let one playmaker go.

Agreed...on a team that lacks playmakers you can't let him go.

We saw what happened when they let one playmaker go.

any guy that is threat to take it to the house every time you kick his way is worth keeping around. The steelers have a good one too but he isn't a td threat more of a good field position guy. Look what heater did for the Bears no way can you let him go.

any guy that is threat to take it to the house every time you kick his way is worth keeping around. The steelers have a good one too but he isn't a td threat more of a good field position guy. Look what heater did for the Bears no way can you let him go.

This is true, but return men lose their top speed after a few years, maybe with all the extra playing time, Jones is slowing down, who knows.

As for Pita, great hands, moves well, body control fabulous. However, he can't block, doesn't break tackles and there are faster tight ends, bigger, faster ones who can block, out there. So tagging him, in my opinion, would be a waste of a tag and over paying him. Same for Monroe, sure, he is decent, but not much better than McKinnie was, so ws there truly an upgrade? Why would you even slightly over pay for him?

Leach, yes you keep him. I know, there are full backs/h-backs out there with better hands, more fleeter of foot, but few block as well as he had. Even so, the Ravens have shown great ability to find full backs in the draft who would be upgrades, cheaper, over Leach.

The biggest issue, he and Jones are the ones who bring attitude to the offense, toughness. Jones is the best blocking wide out on the team, not that it is saying much with this crew of nail painters.