ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Can someone explain this to me

thesteelhurtin

I don't know...$$$ maybe?

Maybe they are tied and will do a coin flip?

The Ravens will probably get that pick anyway because of Tomlin's guffaw.

I honestly think with how the steelers got screwed out of the playoffs they are going to leave u picks alone. Should be interesting Rooney said he will appeal as far as he needs to which means the steelers and the NFL may see each other in court.

Yeah the Steelers got screwed. The Rooneys would win in court because the are one of the golden families of the nfl

Because they are one of the golden families I see Goodell caving in.

Awarding us the coin flip should be a satisfactory solution to everybody.

OK the explanation I found is with the division it came down to points for and against the Steelers were +32 while the Ravens were - 9 so that goes to the steelers but the draft strength of schedule comes into play and your schedule was tougher then ours so you draft after us. There were 3 instances where coaches stepped onto the field this year while a play was going on and only the steelers are being threatened with losing a draft pick. While what Tomlin did was wrong it changed nothing the steelers lost and the 4 points the Ravens lost didn't come into play so what's the big deal.

I would like the circumstances of the other two instances please. You seem to be implying that the Steelers are being persecuted with penalties the other two are not so I assume the circumstances of all three are the same and that the other two coaches stepped onto the field in an apparent attempt to disrupt a play that was coming in that direction. I assume that because if the situations were different it would be pretty silly of you to compare the three and imply the unfair treatment. So please enlighten me about these other two instances so I can join you in your anger of unfair treatment.

And yeah, whats the big deal? Its just non players interfereing with players during a game? Why would the NFL want to set a precedent so that doesnt happen again?

• Upvote 1

I would like the circumstances of the other two instances please. You seem to be implying that the Steelers are being persecuted with penalties the other two are not so I assume the circumstances of all three are the same and that the other two coaches stepped onto the field in an apparent attempt to disrupt a play that was coming in that direction. I assume that because if the situations were different it would be pretty silly of you to compare the three and imply the unfair treatment. So please enlighten me about these other two instances so I can join you in your anger of unfair treatment.

And yeah, whats the big deal? Its just non players interfereing with players during a game? Why would the NFL want to set a precedent so that doesnt happen again?

how's this last year the Dolphins coach clearly set up a wall of inactive players and tripped a player running down field and got a fine and nothing else.

how's this last year the Dolphins coach clearly set up a wall of inactive players and tripped a player running down field and got a fine and nothing else.

Whoa, lets not go off on a tangent. Tell me about the other two coaches who must have done things similar to what Tomlin did this year, otherwise it would be silly for you to compare the three. You said there were three instances this season, what were the other two?

Whoa, lets not go off on a tangent. Tell me about the other two coaches who must have done things similar to what Tomlin did this year, otherwise it would be silly for you to compare the three. You said there were three instances this season, what were the other two?

The jets coach stepped onto the field during a punt return and another Dolphins coach stepped onto the field during polamalu returning a field goal. So that two strikes against the Dolphins

All teams were warned about it the week before Tomlin did it. That is the same reason the Saints got punished for Bountygate. All teams were warned the offseason prior to the Saints Bounty scheme for that season was revealed.

OK and we played the Dolphins after you and their coach stepped onto the field.

The jets coach stepped onto the field during a punt return and another Dolphins coach stepped onto the field during polamalu returning a field goal. So that two strikes against the Dolphins

Well one thing that is different right away is that the coach did not come close to interferring with the play. It didnt look like he was trying to interfer with the play. Thats probably the main reason for the difference in fine and possible other punsihments. Surely you can see the difference between someone being on the field, which is wrong of course, and someone who lookied like they were trying to alter the course of a player or interfere with him.

So thats one of two others you mentioned. I cannot find anything on a Jets player coming on the field this season.

I would say the same thing if it was another team or if a Ravens coach did the same thing as Tomlin, I think the team needs to be punished as well as the coach on the field.

Well one thing that is different right away is that the coach did not come close to interferring with the play. It didnt look like he was trying to interfer with the play. Thats probably the main reason for the difference in fine and possible other punsihments. Surely you can see the difference between someone being on the field, which is wrong of course, and someone who lookied like they were trying to alter the course of a player or interfere with him.

So thats one of two others you mentioned. I cannot find anything on a Jets player coming on the field this season.

I would say the same thing if it was another team or if a Ravens coach did the same thing as Tomlin, I think the team needs to be punished as well as the coach on the field.

and if the Dolphins would have lost a pick from their coach actually tripping a player then I would be OK with it. You can't just change the punishments as you see fit.

and if the Dolphins would have lost a pick from their coach actually tripping a player then I would be OK with it. You can't just change the punishments as you see fit.

Just because something was penalized one way once, doesnt mean it can never be changed. Under that logic no rule or penalty would ever be changed.

When did a Dolphin coach trip a player? Are you confused with the Jets coach tripping a Dolphin player? And yeah, I would have been fine with the Jets losing a pick or having the franchise penalized in some way. Just because they were not, doesnt mean that punishment or lack thereof is set in stone forever.

Just because something was penalized one way once, doesnt mean it can never be changed. Under that logic no rule or penalty would ever be changed.

When did a Dolphin coach trip a player? Are you confused with the Jets coach tripping a Dolphin player? And yeah, I would have been fine with the Jets losing a pick or having the franchise penalized in some way. Just because they were not, doesnt mean that punishment or lack thereof is set in stone forever.

Yeah I got it backwards I thought it was a Dolphins coach tripping a jet. Also Tomlins actions didn't change anything. I'm not defending what Tomlin did either. If they take a pick it will be a lot rounder and we have 3 to 4 comp picks so I'm not really worried about. Yes you can change rules and punishment but you can't do on a case by case basis.

It seems to me the perfect solution would be to have the Steelers and Ravens simply trade spots in the first round since they're picking back-to-back anyway. I don't think there was any harm done to justify Pitt actually losing a pick, but it seems the intent or negligence was egregious enough to warrant some type of wrist slap to the team.

It seems to me the perfect solution would be to have the Steelers and Ravens simply trade spots in the first round since they're picking back-to-back anyway. I don't think there was any harm done to justify Pitt actually losing a pick, but it seems the intent or negligence was egregious enough to warrant some type of wrist slap to the team.

That would make sense