ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Franchise Pitta? Why?

rastaman831226

Why would the franchise tag even be in the negotiation? He has a lot to prove. I'd let him walk, we can get a te anywhere, it's a position we are good at getting filled.

I totally agree, i'd like Pitta back, but of course at the right price. i would like to see what we have in Furstenburg, he's a better athlete than Pitta, thats a good place to start.

I totally agree, i'd like Pitta back, but of course at the right price. i would like to see what we have in Furstenburg, he's a better athlete than Pitta, thats a good place to start.

I wanted to see Furstenburg all season, but he never beat out the vets...shame too.

How about Juice? I seen him a few times on special teams, that's about it. Let Juice, First down, and Dickson battle it out.

Good lord. That's a scary proposition. Not quite the TE trifecta I want going into next season.

The Ravens will not overpay Pitta. If he ends up walking, there will definitely be other affordable options. This is also a deep TE draft class. Given the fact that it is also a very deep WR class, there are weapons to be had which is why I'm hoping this draft is just as tailored to improving the offense as last year's was to improving the defense.

I'm not convinced this isn't a ploy to try and get a long term deal worked out. The Ravens are using the TE franchise tag over Pitta as a way of getting a good deal for the team and possibly as a way of seeing more of how Pitta does after that hip injury. Pitta's agent is saying he will look for the WR tag because that would make it hard for the Ravens to be able to afford Pitta in terms of this year's cap hit.

It's all posturing at the moment. I still expect to see something worked out with Pitta and the Ravens.