ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ray Rice: I should have thought twice about playing through injury

papasmurfbell

Yeah and they were stupid enough to use the #4 pick on Richardson. They have been moronically run since they came back. Haslam seems to be running it worse.

yeah unless their last name is Peterson you never use a top ten pick on a back. There are some exception but for the most part you can find a franchise running backs later.

Yeah and they were stupid enough to use the #4 pick on Richardson. They have been moronically run since they came back. Haslam seems to be running it worse.

Well...I guess Indy is even a worse run franchise.

The point is...Rainey is mediocre at best. He would have looked just as bad as Rice and Pierce did last year (had he been here).

Well...I guess Indy is even a worse run franchise.

The point is...Rainey is mediocre at best. He would have looked just as bad as Rice and Pierce did last year (had he been here).

Come on money, Tampa loves the kid, his going to get a great shot this year, he's out of the rice/pierce mold

Come on money, Tampa loves the kid, his going to get a great shot this year, he's out of the rice/pierce mold

Crav...what are you talking about? They have Doug Martin who is one of the best RBs in the league. He tore his labrum and missed half the year. Their backup then broke his ankle. Rainey was a body to finish out the year. Rainey is not a starting caliber RB in this league. Never has been, never will be.

Crav...what are you talking about? They have Doug Martin who is one of the best RBs in the league. He tore his labrum and missed half the year. Their backup then broke his ankle. Rainey was a body to finish out the year. Rainey is not a starting caliber RB in this league. Never has been, never will be.

Money, the kid is cut from the same cloth as rice. He'll get plenty of opportunity to compete for a spot this season.

How can you say he's not starting material, let the kid get a chance to have a camp with the bucs. He was only there half the season and put up decent numbers

Money, the kid is cut from the same cloth as rice. He'll get plenty of opportunity to compete for a spot this season.

How can you say he's not starting material, let the kid get a chance to have a camp with the bucs. He was only there half the season and put up decent numbers

He needed to be released twice and have 2 RBs suffer season-ending injuries to start. Even with those two good games, he still averaged a full yard per carry less than TB's backup (Mike James).

You take his 80-yard run out of the equation, he ran for 3.3 yds/carry the rest of his attempts. That is not starting material. He's a good kid and very talented (just to be in the NFL). He's just not starting material. The Ravens already had Rice and Pierce on the roster. They were keeping two FBs. Letting Rainey go was far from a mistake.

If you take Jamals 95 yd and 78 yd run out of that game with Cle it was just an OK day.

A. I have no idea what game you are talking about. The longest run of his career was 82 yards.

B. Actually if you do take away his two biggest runs from that game, he still went for 28/150 which is over 5 yards/carry.

C. You take away his entire 295-yard game and he still averaged close to 5 yards per carry that season.

D. It actually cracks me up that people think Bobby Rainey is a starting caliber RB in the NFL.

I am just saying the excuse Cle fans would say about Jamal on the 295 yd day. It is a bad excuse. It is the one you are using now. He may never be a PB player but I think Rainey is solid and used correctly can be more than serviceable.

Excuse? Where did I use an excuse?

TB's backup RB ran for 4.9 yds/carry. Rainey ran for 3.9 yds/carry. The game before James broke his ankle, he had 28 carries for 158 yards. Rainey obviously is nowhere close to being in Doug Martin's league. So Rainey was the 3rd best RB for TB last year.

It is an excuse to pull lone big runs out of the stats.

Not when the sample size is much smaller than the starting RBs in the league. Hell...Andre Ellington had an 80-yard run and averaged 5.5 yds/carry for the season. I guess he's All-Pro material in your mind.

Whatever...keep the 80-yard run in if you like. If you feel 150 carries for 566 yards is starting RB material, you are welcome to your opinion. Thankfully, the Ravens don't agree.